10/29/10

Some bargain shopping.

I just have to share some "pretties" that I found yesterday when I was out checking some of my favorite haunts & then this morning as I shopped for groceries.  First the goodies from yesterday.  The 2 rooster plates ($3.99 & $2.99) & the cute little artsy rooster ($3.99) are from Ross's, the green pitcher ($5.99) is from Marshall's, the earthy brown planter/urn ($4.99) is from Joanne's, & I already had the matching bird  from Michaels (on sale for less than $2).


This little guy just cracks me up.  I absolutely love the colors.


I was so surprised to find these plates.  The colors are so bright & clear & they were so cheap!




I have to confess that the chicken/rooster-thing is new to me, but seeing them on so many blogs had peeked my interest.  I guess now I'm officially hooked & have started a collection.  So with that in mind, my trip to Walmart this morning for "groceries" garnered a couple more things.  I've been gradually replacing some old & well-worn kitchen textiles;  so when I found these, I had to have them.  I love both sets, but the earthy colors are my favs.  I can see mixing the green/red set with some of my Christmas items.


Okay, this is my start-up collection of roostery-stuff!  I'm thinking this is going to be fun.


Had to do a bit of re-arranging of some vignettes in my kitchen to incorporate my newfound collection pieces.  What do you think?


This is my island re-do.  I love this plate.  It's called "Fruity Rooster!"  FYI, this layered candle is also from Walmart -- Mulled Cider/Cinnamon Sticks/Golden Apple -- & it smells incredibly good!


I made a couple of other purchases yesterday, but they are Christmas-related & I'm not ready to show any Christmas decor yet.  That doesn't mean I won't be buying items when I see them for good prices.  That would be borderline irresponsible, wouldn't it?

You should check out the nice give-away from Deserae at Peeking Thru The Sunflowers.  What a nice way to start the weekend.  And a big "thank you" to Kim at Savvy Southern Style for the heads-up regarding this give-away.  Then be sure to head on over to Susan's Tablescape Thursday.  Also linking to Laurie at Bargain Hunting with Laurie



Ya'll have a great weekend & stop back again soon.
Carol

9 comments:

  1. Cas, I love all your rooster accessories! You know I love that little green rooster pitcher...I keep mine on my counter (I have it two different sizes. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vignettes look great! Enjoy your fun finds:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what great scores on your Roo's. I love the plates and that kitchen linens are great too :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you linked these great barggains to Favorite Things Sat., because it got me over here to see your fun blog! I love your finds, and I love your attitude. (I also feel it is irresponsible to not buy something if it's a good sale!) I've been a collector of roosters for so long that I was afraid they were going to go out of style. Love those square plates, and the color of that pitcher is beautiful. I also liked your pretty vignettes you created with your finds. Again, thanks so much for linking up. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds and a pretty vignette. You really did good. :D
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds. I see you love roosters too. I love the green pitcher and your two lovely vignettes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've used your wonderful new finds to great effect. Thank you for sharing your charming designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Southern Comfort in a Northern Life and I can't wait to move and get settled so I can go through your blog. I love your kitchen and all of your rooster items. Lovely! Glad that you found my blog and therefore, I found yours!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...