Okay, let's face it. The area under the kitchen sink (or any sink for that matter) is not pretty. You can clean it up and make it tidy and organized, but it just isn't going to be pretty. The best you can hope for is clean enough so that nothing unsightly wants to grow or hide under there. Today's Challenge 5 from A Bowl Full of Lemons is to organize and clean under the kitchen sink.
The area under my sink is pretty overwhelmed with a large disposal & an RO water system. This water system is only for drinking water (special spigot at the sink) & the ice maker. I can't allow too much to collect under there because it might interfere with that system. Well, that's what The Man told me, anyway; but maybe he was joshin' me so that I would keep it clean. Hmmm? Anyhoo, here is the before shot.
All cleaned out and put new paper down.
I already had the clip and hook for gloves and brushes. Also had the little basket that holds Comet, baking soda (better for Corian than Comet), white vinegar (good in dishwasher to cut down calcium buildup), Glass Magic (Yuma water is awful & full of yucky stuff) to add to the dishwasher, & the kitchen garbage bags.
On this side are my Clorox Cleanups & dishwasher soap. Handy-dandy plastic bag holder on the door.
There you have it. There is one definite advantage to having all that equipment under the sink. It really does prevent too much accumulation of junk. Thanks for visiting under the sink. Hope y'all had so much fun that you will come back soon.
Link to Party Here!
- The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
- Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
- Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
- Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
- Cindy at Dwellings of the Heart for Amaze Me Monday
- Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
- Brenda at Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
- Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesdays
- Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
- Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesay
- Jenny at The NY Melrose Family for Whimsy Wednesdays
- Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
- Pamela at From My Front Porch to Your for Treasure Hunt Thursdays
- Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
- Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
- Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
- Katie at Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Things
- Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading
- Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
- Jody and Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays
- Traci at Beneath My Heart for Best DIY Projects
- Emily at 52 Mantels for Your Mantels