12/24/11

HO! HO! HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

Hey, everyone!  I hope ya'll are ready, because Christmas just isn't waitin' any longer.  The Man took me out to lunch yesterday, & we walked around a big shopping center that's just a short distance from our home.  There were so many people, and they were buying with a crazed frenzy!  I kind of had to chuckle, because I was so glad my shopping was all finished, wrapped and under the tree!  We had a great time, but then I had to get my &#%% in gear & get ready for our family's Christmas Eve celebration.  Our children and all the "Grands" arrived about 2:00 p.m.  I know, we got things started early!  We had our gift exchange so the children could enjoy their new gifts, and then we all walked over to the park that's just two blocks from our home.  We noshed on some nibbles & drinks (more wine for me, please) & had our dinner about 6ish.  We had hours of chaos, laughter & giggles, and so much family fun.  I'm afraid I didn't get very many pictures once everyone arrived, but I'd like to share some photos of my Christmas kitchen & the children's table -- taken prior to the chaos, of course!

I had so much fun at The Dollar Tree and Walmart, collecting all the little things I wanted for the childrens' table.  They are a close little group of cousins who really enjoy being together, so they will think this special table just for them is FUN! FUN! FUN!

I opted for a vinyl tablecloth -- seriously, 6 kidlets, remember?


Used one of my collected snowmen in this little bucket, surrounded by candy canes, as the center-piece.

 Found these melamine plates at Walmart for less than a dollar.  Makes more sense than paper!  Oops, I forgot to take a pic of the plates w/o the stockings....lol!


Found some cute little games at the Dollar Tree.  I even found some lumps of coal!


 Watched a cute Christmas movie as I puttered in the kitchen.

Stockings hung by the chimney with care.

The mittens are hung & filled!  There's a jigsaw puzzle in the works, too!


I was planning to make stockings for all the "Grands," but then decided to do mittens instead.  They are hung individually from Command Hooks.  I'm hoping to hang onto these & reuse them next year.
Wish me luck!



Made these last night.  They are called Pretzel Hugs & they are so yummy!


The island is all set for munchies (to be added later) & sweet treats (already plenty of those)!
Later on, some things will be removed & replaced with the buffet setup.


Had to have a vignette, but kept it small so there would be plenty of room for all the food.

Some treats that will go home with our children and the "Grands."

Just a bit of sweet bread -- made from my Friendship Bread starter.

Just a quick spin around the kitchen.











Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you, sweet friends!
xoxo, CAS

Happily linking to:
Creative Bloggers' Party





























7 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos Carol. It"s enjoyable hearing how your day went. The kids table was grand.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kids table. I'll have to find some coal next year and add it to the table. Hope everyone had a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so festive and bright! Hope your new year is full of blessing!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so fun & festive! I bet the grands loved it! Along with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cas! How could I miss this post. I love those Pretzel and hugs!!!!! Would you share the recipe for us? By the way, if it is not too much to ask may I invite you to join my giveaway
    http://dianewantstowrite.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...