12/10/13

Clothespin Tree for the Laundry Room

Hey everyone!  I've been doing quite a lot of crafting lately and having so much fun!  I've been especially drawn to things that I either don't have to buy any supplies for or ones that I can make from Dollar Store items.  Yay, for Dollar Stores!  There is just a non-stop supply of such cute ideas on Pinterest and at all of the wonderful linky parties that have been going on -- so much talent!  Anyway, I saw this really cute idea for a clothespin tree that Brandi at Nest of Bliss made.  Hers is much, much cuter than mine, but I'm still happy with how mine turned out.  I just love having little bits of Christmas cheer in every room in our home (except the Mancave -- not allowed!) and I wanted just something small for our laundry room.  What could be more appropriate for the laundry than a clothespin tree?  Let me show you.

I almost always have something pretty on the door because this is just off our main hallway 
and is so visible.
So....come on in!


Ta-da!  I think this is so cute and just perfect for this room!  The little Santa tealite holder is pretty old, and adds just the right glow of light.

This was what I started with -- a tp tube!

I don't have vintage clothespins, so I tried to age my new Dollar Store pins by soaking in some rusty water.  That worked a little bit.

I took a few of the springs & glued them together as a tree topper.

The door to the laundry is almost always open, so it's nice to see this simple but fun vignette when I walk past.


I love to party with these fine bloggers:
The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Angela at Hickory Trail for Efforts and Assets
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday
The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Oh, The Places I've Been
Jody & Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays 
Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading

13 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I gather all of these ideas from Pinterest but never make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun idea. I love this. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest little tree, and your home is always so festive and cheerful no matter the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is adorable!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever tree for the laundry room...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that Santa tea light holder is adorable and that clothespin tree is perfect in there! Our laundry room is always visible too. You've made yours festive and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is tooo cute Carol!! Totally perfect for the Laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I love wooden clothes pins and I use them all over the house. Your tree is wonderful and I agree that it is perfect for the laundry room... how very creative! You stopped over and left a very sweet comment about my sheet music curls. I happily found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Thanks for linking up to Twirl and Take a Bow! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this idea ... it's so clever! I featured it tonight {along with your dropcloth tree} at the Project Inspire{d} link party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, I LOVE this!! I've pinned this to my Christmas board--I'm making one of these for next year! And I'm also featuring you at this week's Grace at Home party. Thanks so much for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there Carol,

    Your tree looks so lovely!
    I just want to thank you for linking back to my post, I truly appreciate it! I've had a couple of people completely re-post the entire tutorial in their own words and not give much of a link back. So THANK YOU! :)

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...