10/26/14

Cha...cha...cha...Changes!

Hey everyone!  Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend, full of Fallishness!  As the title of this post may indicate, I've been making some "changes," otherwise known as "tweaking."  I do believe that tweaking is part of the genetic makeup of a blogger, don't you?  I think it's especially true if you are one of the ones....ahem, like me, who is an early-bird seasonal decorator.  Not every room or vignette got changed but a few things did, and I thought I'd share.

Let's start in the dining room.
This was the first look where I layered a burlap runner over my drop cloth tablecloth & then added some leaf-shaped placemats on top of the burlap.  This was me trying to keep it simple.  Ha....that never works!

The next thing I tried was removing the tablecloth, adding a ruffle to the burlap runner & topping it with my Fall pashmina.  Everything else stayed the same.  This seemed way too busy for me, and everything kind of got lost in the folds and colors of the pashmina.

Okay.....I'm happy with this.  I removed the pashmina & just kept the burlap runner.  The wrought iron bowl got moved to the china cabinet, and I brought in a silver tray.  Maybe I really like this because it has the turquoise color I'm so nuts about.  The 3 urns use to be green, but I painted them with "Cascade" chalk paint & added a little Rub'nBuff gold leaf.  Even the little squirrels got a bit of the gold leaf to make them show up better.  I was so happy to find this beautiful wheat when I was at our favorite little market last week.

This burlap ruffle was sold like this at Michaels, and I was happy there was a bit of contrast between
the two burlaps.

I've had these little squirrels for a couple of years, and they have always seemed too dark to me.  Just a bit of Rub'nBuff in Gold Leaf really brought them to life.

I just took some greenery clippings and some bits & baubs of a Fall swag to surround the faux candles that now sit inside these urns.

Next we will move into the kitchen.
I've used this wreath for the last couple of years, and while I still like it, I really wanted something with some turquoise in it.  Never fear, this wreath got repurposed to my outside front entrance.

Since I've been seeing lots of fun things being done with pompoms, I decided to try my hand at creating a pompom wreath.  It coordinates perfectly with my aprons, mitts and towels.  It may come down for Christmas, but I'm thinking it will probably go right back up after the first of the year! 

Don't pompoms just make you smile?  They do me!


 I'll be doing a post later this week about some of the crafting I've been doing, and will share how this wreath went together.  Super-easy!


I had so many comments about my little tool caddy, and while it did get moved (as you will soon see), it only went as far as my craft room.

I found all of these fun pumpkins, gourds and squash at the same market where I got the wheat.  I had already purchased the galvanized tray, so I knew immediately what I wanted to do!

I just love all of these wonderful shapes piled up in the galvanized tray.  I simply took a greenery swag and made a nest in the bottom and started layering in the rest.

One more change, and not exactly a little change, is this..........

Momma got a new ride!  Ordinarily I wouldn't share something like this because it seems a little ostentatious, but it's been 11 years since we've had a new car!  Since we plan on making some cross-country trips to see our youngest grands on the east coast, we thought it was time to upgrade.  We've been looking since early July -- yes, we were that very strange couple who were out walking around the dealerships and test-driving car after car when it was 110 degrees here.  I cannot even tell you how many different makes and models we checked out -- we are nothing if not thorough!  Our old car was a Toyota Camry XLE and had served us very well over the years, so we finally made the decision to buy another one.  It's really fun that we waited long enough for Toyota to finally make a style change (there had hardly been any changes in the past 11 years) and give it a more sporty look.  Our old Camry was white, and this baby is Blizzard Pearl.  We are so excited, and there is nothing like that "new car smell!"

Thanks so much for stopping by, and please know that you are always welcome here!
I sometimes like to party with these lovely bloggers:
Monday
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays

Tuesday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired

Wednesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday

Thursday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Friday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday
Jody & Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays 
Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading

12 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your changes, Carol. It is fun to just tweak things and add a bit or take away a bit...or move things around. That pom pom wreath is adorable. I bet even the older kids could make those for a gift.

    Love your new ride. I got a new vehicle last year and passed my "old" Toyota Sequoia to my hubby. It has 375,000!!!!! miles on it and runs like a top and looks brand new! No kidding. No one can believe how old it is or the miles it has. The only thing "worn" on it is the driver's leather seat on the sides. lol Did you know that Toyota customers are the most loyal to car brand of any make? That is because they are so well made, I think.

    Hope you have a great rest of the day- I'll wave as you pass by on your way out East! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol! I love what you did with the dining table! I think adding the blue and the height really makes that vignette an eye catcher!! Love it!! I so happy that you two decided to purchase a new ride! Toyota does make a great vehicle! It's been a bit warm the past couple of days, sure am looking forward to when the temps get back down into the 80's :) Have a Super Week!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Carol, normally I am a red girl, but your blue additions are just too perfect! What a pop! I love it! It usually has me thinking of summer and the beach, but coupled with your charming accents, I feel fall! Congrats on your sweet new ride! I hope it takes you on many safe, happy trips to visit your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations, Carol -- especially the pretty turquoise blue. Love your new wheels, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, congrats on your new ride....love it! :) Second, the pop of blue looks wonderful with your decor. I always enjoy your fall decorating and it is so much fun to change things up now and again. You are a girl after my own heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, congratulations on your new car. It is gorgeous! We also had a Camry for 14 years and it was the best car we ever owned. Enjoy it! And I have to tell you I am really, really loving the colors you are using in your home. Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to get a new car! Yours is a beauty! I like the changes made to the dining room and you sure scored some cute pumpkins, gourds, and squash for that pretty tray! It's so much fun to switch things up during the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you were blogging about twerking and then I realized I read it wrong and you said tweaking....lol. Love all of your tweaks. So pretty Carol. Love your new ride. Can't go wrong with a Toyota! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you silly lady, everything was beautiful in the beginning, and it still is! Now, onto the new ride...I LOVE it!! You have always struck me as a "sporty" kind of girl. I remember you telling me how wonderful your toyota dealership is once upon a time. I won't leave it on your blog, but will e mail you about my friend who works at our local toyota dealership...don't let me forget. Enjoy your new ride sweet bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Change is good and Congrats on the new car! Beautiful fall decor and a gorgeous new ride!
    Enjoy.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that turquoise! The new car is very pretty! Congratulations to y'all!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...