7/4/17

"Sweet Land of Liberty"


My country, ’tis of Thee,
Sweet Land of Liberty
Of thee I sing;

Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims’ pride,
From every mountain side
Let Freedom ring.



My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills,
My heart with rapture thrills
Like that above.



Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet Freedom’s song;




Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.


Our fathers’ God to Thee,
Author of Liberty,
To thee we sing,
Long may our land be bright
With Freedom’s holy light,
Protect us by thy might
Great God, our King.


Our glorious Land to-day,
‘Neath Education’s sway,
Soars upward still.
Its hills of learning fair,
Whose bounties all may share,
behold them everywhere
On vale and hill!


Thy safeguard, Liberty,
The school shall ever be,
Our Nation’s pride!
No tyrant hand shall smite,
While with encircling might
All here are taught the Right
With Truth allied.


Beneath Heaven’s gracious will
The stars of progress still
Our course do sway;
In unity sublime
To broader heights we climb,
Triumphant over Time,
God speeds our way!


Grand birthright of our sires,
Our altars and our fires
Keep we still pure!
Our starry flag unfurled,
The hope of all the world,
In peace and light impearled,
God hold secure!

Happy 4th of July!
Carol


9 comments:

  1. I love our Country and what beautiful and patriotic vignettes you have shared with us!
    Here is to July!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th Carol! I hope it was a great day and your place looks festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your festive decor for the 4th! Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to sing that sweet song in grade school. Your post brought back a smile. I adore all of your patriotic decor. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute to our great country, and I do love your decor. The table runner is one of the prettiest patriotic runners I've ever seen!

    We stayed home on the Fourth because Shelley had oral surgery a few days before, but we did go to the lake last weekend. It felt weird being at home!

    It would have been more fun staying home if I had your decor for the holiday.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I made it over to enjoy your lovely patriotic decor for the 4th of July...before the end of the month at least! I have gotten behind on visiting blogs like I should and for that I am sorry. Thank you for your sweet comment you left on mine. And YES...bring on the fall, PLEASE! I shouldn't complain because our June which is normally hot and muggy was just lovely but now that it has started, I doubt it will let up until late September. I guess I really don't know what hot feels like compared to the temps in your part of the country, right?! Anyway, stay cool anyway you can and enjoy your week ahead! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful patriotic decorations Carol. I am just barely visiting all my favorite blogs after weeks of being completely offline. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and are enjoying your Summer. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...