9/12/17

Worried? Stressed? What do you do?

With everything that has been going on in our country and around the world, I find "stress" and "worry" are almost constant companions.  Is it just me, or do any of you feel that way, too?  I have 4 things that I've done over the years and have been doing a lot lately:
1)  Pray  2)  Clean  3)  Organize  4)  Decorate
Seriously, I've put these four ideas to some pretty extreme tests over the years, but probably no more so than in recent times with nuclear weapons being tested, the ugliness in Charlottesville, fires in multiple states, Hurricane Harvey, earthquakes in Mexico, & Hurricane Irma!  For several days, it seemed way too trivial to do Fall decorating, but I found "calm" in the doing....the colors, the smells & the feelings that Fall exudes, filled me with gratitude, thanksgiving and compassion.  It has taken several more days to give myself permission to write this post and share with you some Fall decor around our home.  I hope you enjoy, because there will be more coming over the next few weeks.


My "eclectic" or "boho" style will simply not allow me to go all white & neutral.....


I need COLOR!



Don't get me wrong, I think little white and pastel pumpkins are adorable, and I do have my fair share; but those little pale rascals have plenty of color to keep them company!



My china cupboard is filled mostly with family treasures, but this guy perches here 
from time-to-time!



I love this big old wooden bowl....the pompom garland is my "cheap" take on those chunky
beads that I keep seeing on other blogs but haven't been able to find!



The metal art piece in the background is something we found on our travels last month and will be going on an outside wall in our backyard....just as soon as it cools down a bit!




                                      
The "Hello Autumn" print is a free printable from Carol at The Red Painted Cottage.


A sweet little dish that had been my great-grandmothers...I cherish it!


It's always fun to switch out pillow covers each season.


I am feeling so truly thankful and blessed.


This little spot always makes me smile!

I hope all of you have a wonderful week and continue to pray & do whatever you can for all the victims of nature's recent fury.

Warm hugs,
Carol

I'm hope to be joining these lovely ladies this week:

Kristi at Making it in the Mountains for The Creative Gallery
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Carol at The Red Painted Cottage for Share Your Style Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fall decor Carol! Love your entry table and the pillows are gorgeous. You always decorate your home so nicely for the different seasons. I know what you mean, so much going on in the last few weeks and such devastation! I feel like this has been a strange year all around. Take care dear friend. xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! beautiful decorations..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan to me, Carol! And the results are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carol, thanks for the lovely visit to my blog. Your fall decor in your home is so nice, warm and inviting. I hope you enjoy fall. Take care.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww your decorating is precious! I need color too so I get it! And there's nothing wrong with doing the simple life giving things that bring your soul rest in the midst of tragedy, I think it just prepares us better to minister to others when and if the time comes. You can't give what you don't have. Have a lovely fall! I so enjoyed the tour Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all of us that have hearts have watched and prayed and felt anxious for all the people that have been affected by the forces of nature..and by the forces of violence beyond their control. You just wonder where it will all end. I pray for a safe channel into adulthood for my grandkids but we really don't know, do we? I pray and try to turn it over and let it go--otherwise, it drives me crazy.

    Love ALL your decorations---white/neutral and colorful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fall decor. You are so right...PRAYER is #1!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, you are definitely the right person to be giving advice about what to do when you're worried or stressed. I love knowing that you are an OVERCOMER! And now just look at you, getting your house all ready for Fall! I am grateful for you.

    Thanks for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...