12/9/17

Baby It's Cold Outside...Kidding!

I think cold and snow are the hot topics of conversation on many blogs right now, and I just wanted to play along!  We have had temps in the 30's in the wee hours of the morning, but our daytime temps have been in the upper 60's and 70's.  This is what we "Zonies" call sweater and scarf weather!  Well, you know, it's a dry cold as opposed to our dry heat!  Okay, enough frivolity.  It's time to share a few more Christmas decor pics around our home.

Today we will look for merriment in the kitchen and family room.


I decided to use a quilted runner I made a few years ago, instead of a tray on the island.  I'm so glad our island is big enough to have this display in the middle, giving us ample room 
for other things if needed.  

The Santa and teapot are some of my oldest Christmas possessions, and I get so excited to bring them out every year!

I'm loving this little scene inside this huge lantern.

These apothecary jars are pretty much always on top of the fridge, but what's inside each one gets changed with the seasons.

Another favorite vignette.




Love this little tree that we bought in Switzerland on our River Cruise a couple of years ago.


The stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

This is a completely new Christmas mantel idea this year, using my small collection of snow-people!

Hmmm...maybe I should have given these stockings a quick press with the iron!


I used mostly red & silver decorations on this tree.  Isn't this pillow cute?  It's from Amazon.


I like to buy a nutcracker for The Man each year, but I only buy one if it's something special.  Haven't found one this year....yet.

I love my gallery wall of vacation photos, and like to give it a bit of holiday cheer by adding some ornaments....I did this exact thing last year.

Well, that's it for this time.  I do have a few more things I want to share another time.  I hope everyone is enjoying this "Happiest Time of the Year," but I know that cannot be.  My heart aches for those whose lives have been turned upside down because of the ongoing fires in California, those who have yet to recover from the aftermath of several hurricanes, victims and their loved ones who have suffered the tragedies of mass shootings, and the list could go on and on.  All of these tragedies made me stop and wonder if I should hold back from sharing something as frivolous as how I've decorated my kitchen or my snow-people mantel.  Then I decided my post just might make someone smile, and if that does happen, that would make me happy.  I join the many who are praying for all those whose lives are not how they want them to be right now.  You are tenderly tucked into our hearts as we pray for each one of you.

Warm hugs to all,
Carol

I hope to be joining some of these lovely ladies this week:

Kristi at Making it in the Mountains for The Creative Gallery
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Carol at The Red Painted Cottage for Share Your Style Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home




8 comments:

  1. Oh I love your kitchen and all of your Christmas looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks festive, Carol! I love all you holiday touches. That print is very pretty...I love it in the black frame. So pretty! Enjoy your scarf weather, we are buried in snow. I think I need to visit you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your holiday home! So cheerful and festive. Enjoy that cold weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas touches are lovely Carol!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! your home looks so festive:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, your vignettes are lovely as well as your sentiments! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so cozy and cheerful at Christmas! The sweet scene tucked into the lantern is my favorite vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...