8/17/14

A Bit of an Upgrade!

Hey everyone!  Is anyone else as anxious for Fall to get here as I am?  I am literally jumping out of my skin to get started on my Fall decor -- truly DONE, DONE & DONE with this AZ summer!  Now, I totally understand that many of you live where you have beautiful summers and wish to savor every last minute of it.  We DO NOT!  

Okay, enough moaning and groaning from me.  Thought I'd share a little change & upgrade that we recently made in our kitchen.  No, we did not paint anything, but we made my our mornings a whole lot tastier.

Our old coffee pot, which we loved BTW, started leaking.  I mean, the nerve, after 15 years of serving us our morning brew every single day.......leaking?  
"Yay, let's get a Keurig," I squealed said.  Now, The Man, being the "thinker" and "weigher of options" in our duo, was not sure the Keurig was a good economical choice.  So......we shopped and looked at all the options and FINALLY chose this BABY! 

Yep, we've crossed over to the dark side Keurig!  We are now "k-cup people."
The Man was 100% convinced after his first cup-o-Joe.

I promptly ordered one of these from Amazon.  Sorry about the quality of this photo, but I had to really wash it out in order to see all of this brown-on-brown going on.

Love that it has 3 individual drawers so I can divide up our faves.

This is our  coffee station for right now, subject to change as we move into the holidays.

I simply placed my "must-haves" on this little spinner that I had & added some washi tape for color.

Two of my favorite Torani syrups!

My little frother is nestled in the back.

I'm not sure I ever showed you this little sign.  It was a free printable (sorry, I cannot remember the source), and I just thought it was so perfect for this little spot.

Cute, huh?

Not cute!

Ahhhh.....VERY CUTE and reminds me of Fall!

Since we like the largest cup-size on the Keurig, I'm in serious need of some large mugs.  Oh, please don't  tell me I have to go shopping......heeheehee!

Now this little item came with our Keurig & is great, because I do love my flavored coffees from World Market.  But........

We found these at Fry's Electronics (I know, they have a weird assortment of products), and they go right into the spot that a K-cup fits into.  This entire set was less than $10 & works beautifully.

I popped everything, including my current favorite flavor of WM coffee, into this little container 
that sits in the cabinet just below the coffee station.

YUM!

We stopped at a Smart 'n Final yesterday, and these syrups were on sale for $4.98 each or $3.98 if you purchased 6.  Cannot turn down a deal like that, so now I am well-stocked!

Well, now you have the entire scoop of our adventures in "K-cupland!"  We are still in the process of narrowing down our faves.   So far, we really like Tully's French Roast, Newman's Special Blend and Kirkland's Pacific Bold.  If you use a Keurig, what are your favorite K-cup flavors or brands? 

Before I wrap-up this post, I have a confession to make.
This happened yesterday.
 The Man, sweetheart that he is, hauled my crates of Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving decor in from the garage storage.  It is much too hot in the garage, so I covered the beds in our guest room with sheets and started the process of sorting, discarding and playing! .  I think I enjoy this part of it as much as the actual decorating.....well, maybe not!  Anyway, are any of you getting the overwhelming urge to pull out some pumpkins and light a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle?  Be honest, no one will judge!

I thank you so much for stopping and hope everyone has a terrific week!
I sometimes like to party with these nice bloggers:

Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Natasha at Natasha in OZ for Say G'Day Saturday Party

19 comments:

  1. Love your new coffee station. How fun is that. I am so ready for fall too, really tired of all the heat. Can't wait to see you fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA for y'all!!! We've had our Keurig for about 8 years and still love it!! We have many favorites, but my constants are Chocolate Glazed Doughnut, Pumpkin Spice and Gingerbread while DH loves Timothy's Decaf, Caribou and Breakfast Blend among our many others. I've never tried flavorings and need to look into them. Do you add English Toffee to regular K-cup coffee according to taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm very happy to hear that you've had one for so long. Thanks for sharing your faves. I like a sweeter coffee (without the added calories), so I almost always use the Torani Sugar-free syrups and just whatever amount my tastebuds require.

      Delete
  3. Well, you KNOW I'm with you on wanting to break out the Fall decor!! Lol! I just love your little coffee station! That printable is precious! Have you ever tried Fry's coffee? My hubby said it's one of his favorites. So weird that they sell that stuff there! Oh, and great job on covering up those cords! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of my sisters have a Keurig and love it! Your coffee station is fantastic and so well stocked. I will have to try a bottle of that salted caramel. I bet that would be awesome on ice cream! You are what I want to be; ORGANIZED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on being ready for fall! This hot and humid Florida summer can go away any day now! Your coffee station looks nice. I have often wished I was a coffee drinker just so I could have an awweome coffee station. I love the look of it, I'm just not a coffee drinker..at all! I do like hot cocoa though and always make a hot cocoa station at Christmas and keep it through January or February. Have fun going through all your fall decor!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your new Keurig! We've had ours for several years, and love it. Ours did not come with the my K-cup reusable coffee filter, though I purchased one and did not like the design. Since then I discovered the Solofill cup which is a much better design that the Keurig brand. I prefer to use the reusable coffee filter for my favorite Community Coffee. My husband's favorites are Green Mountain Dark Magic and Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve; he orders them from Coffeewiz. Love your coffee bar sign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ready for fall just so I don't break out into a sweat walking from the office to my car! I have the same Keurig. I LOOOVVVEEE IT!! One of my fave flavors is the Coconut Mocha with a little mini almond joy creamer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oldest two have Keurigs at college and love them. My son uses his for tea. I may have to get one for myself!
    Thanks for sharing and I'm so ready for Fall too!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, Your Keurig looks great in your coffee station. You are all set for the mornings and great cups of coffee. Yes, I am so ready to decorate for fall and have been doing a little transition decorating. Love how you set up in the guest room. I can't wait to bring down my tubs from the attic too and go through everything. Love your rooster plate. It is a nice touch for fall.

    Thank you for stopping by and your sweet visits. I have been on vacation for 10 days and trying to catch up now. Have a great evening.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your coffee upgrade Carol! I love the little art/sign you have in your coffee area! I understand too your yearning for Fall (I yearn it too just because it's cooler and my hormones are currently raging). your hubs is sweet in hauling all your stuff out, so can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I don't do coffee or tea but we have a Keurig at the office and the girls Love it!! Enjoy! Now, on to the fun - Fall Décor! I absolutely can't wait to get my goods out and start prepping!! Come on cooler weather!!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am DYING to decorate for Fall!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love, LOVE the colors of Fall, the smells, the football, cider, mums, you name it! Now, we too have a Keurig, mainly because I do not drink coffee, never have. So it was the most practical thing to get one for Joe. He can choose whatever flavor he wants and get a frsh cup in 60 seconds. Gotta love that!!! Your coffee staion looks terrific!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soooo jealous! I am jealous that you have a keurig, I am jealous that you have your fall decorations hauled down (by that fabulously cooperative hubby of yours), and I am almost betting that by now you have some fall decorating done???? Can't wait to see. We are suppose to have temps of 115 here this week end with the humidity. This is absolutely dangerous, so no, I am not at all offended by you conjuring up fall, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol, I love your coffee station! We absolutely love our Keurig...especially during the fall/winter months. Everybody in the family drinks something different; so the Keurig makes it so easy to have variety at the push of a button. Can't wait to get back home and start my fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new coffee station, Carol! You will love the Keurig. We use ours daily and now I don't think we could be without it. Even my son got hooked on it when he came home on vacation. He emailed me from the ship to tell me he sure missed those cups of coffee. LOL Enjoy your weekend! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. glad I am not the only coffee addict around here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your coffee bar Carol! Do you think your Keurig gets your coffee hot enough? I love my coffee hot and am considering buying one. Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, it's no surprise that your new coffee station, complete with new coffee maker, is so well organized and well stocked!! Your coffee bar printable is pretty and practical! I'm sure you'll be enjoying all those brews even more with you favourite season approaching!! Thanks for sharing, Carol!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...