Hey everyone! Happy Sunday, and I hope everyone has been having a perfect weekend! Today I thought I would do just a little wrap-up of a few tweaks and the addition of a bit of Halloween decor around my home. As I've said before, I'm not into the really creepy spiders, webs & skulls, so my additions are very tame; but I hope you enjoy them anyway. I have quite a few pics (truly surprised, aren't you?), so I will try to keep the chit-chat to a minimum. Wish me luck on that....lol!
Hey everyone! I'm sharing an area of our home today that I don't show too often, because it still needs a lot of work. But, oh well, it is what it is and that is our patio and backyard. The Man wants to build an outdoor kitchen which will be spendy, so we don't want to do too many things that might have to be re-done when that project happens. The covered patio area is quite big and the uncovered area is huge and is completely usable the way it is, and that's how it will be for awhile. So, all that being said, here is what we have.
The covered patio sits between the family room (behind me in this photo) & our master bedroom (the tall door goes into our bedroom). The two big windows across the back are in our
sitting-dining room area.
This shows about 1/2 of the space. We have an overhead fan/light that needs to be installed, but we haven't found what we want at the right price to replace the wall-mounted fixtures. There has even been talk of turning this into a sunroom, but that's another spendy project.....sigh.
Hey, everyone! I cannot believe how long it has taken me to get my front porch the way I want it -- or maybe it still isn't there yet, and I will need to do more tweaking! Yikes, how hard can it be? Well, it's easier if you wait until the weather cools down a bit, which I did not do; so it was slow-going at first. The other issue is the shape of our entry porch -- almost tunnel-like but with that small alcove area. Anyway, it took some doing, but I'm pretty happy with the way it looks now. Let's take a look-see, shall we?
I love taking pictures at dusk!
Hey everyone! I hope you've been having a great first week of October. We've been having some nice cool mornings and evenings, and it has been so nice sitting on the patio with a cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the late afternoon. Ahhh, I'm starting to remember why we put up with "*&%#" summer! Well, y'all know I've been decorated for Fall for quite some time now and have been gradually sharing my rooms. Today I'm ready to invite you into our sitting room.
Abby is here to greet you!
Link to Party Here!
- The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
- Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
- Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
- Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
- Cindy at Dwellings of the Heart for Amaze Me Monday
- Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
- Brenda at Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
- Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesdays
- Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
- Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesay
- Jenny at The NY Melrose Family for Whimsy Wednesdays
- Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
- Pamela at From My Front Porch to Your for Treasure Hunt Thursdays
- Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
- Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
- Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
- Katie at Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Things
- Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading
- Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
- Jody and Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays
- Traci at Beneath My Heart for Best DIY Projects
- Emily at 52 Mantels for Your Mantels