10/19/14

Touched by the Brush!

Hey everyone!  I hope y'all been having a great weekend and enjoying some Fall weather.  These desert-dwelllers have been having awesome mornings and evenings, still a bit warm during the middle of the day, but nothing to complain about.  At least this "hot weather induced whiner" has been able to pack those "whines" away for the next 8 months or so......YAY!

I've been doing some crafting and small project painting, and I would like to share a few of those painting projects with you today.  I'll share some of the crafting another day.  I have recently discovered chalk paint.  I know many of you have been on the "ASCP bandwagon" for some time now, but that brand just seemed way too expensive to me for the small projects that I wanted to do.  So I got so excited while browsing the aisles of JoAnn's one day and found these:
I started out with just these 2 colors & clear wax, but have since added several more.  With JoAnn's great coupons, I've never paid more than $4 for a jar, and a little definitely goes a long way with this paint.  I haven't had to prime or sand any surface that I've used this paint on.....love it!

Soooo......here are a few projects that have gotten a new look.
My little thrifted tool caddy went from this to......

This!  

I found this ugly little wooden box at Ross and gave it a new look and........

A new purpose!

This green pumpkin was a cheap find at Ross about ten years ago.  It had several bumps
and lumps, but got a new life.......

Here on the coffee table in our sitting room.  I added a bit of Antique Gold Rub'n Buff to accent
the ribs.

This very orange pumpkin went from this to......

This, using some black chalkboard paint.

I just added a few chalk motifs for more interest.

I have 2 of this size print & 2 smaller ones that were Kirkland purchases several years ago.  The gaudy gold frames were not gaudy when we purchased them, and they looked very nice in the bedroom of our former house.  In this house, we hung them in the master bath, and they really were not too bad.  However, in my current quest to add some turquoise throughout our home, they all....... 

Met with the brush!

Orange and turquoise has become one of my favorite color-combos!

This is a resin tray that is literally 40+ years old, and while pretty, I was tired of it.

The candle holder and fruits met up with the same fate as the tray!  I was happy with how this turned out, but it was a bit too white for me in this room, so I added some......
Antiquing Wax and a few touches of Antique Gold Rub'n Buff.  I like it better now.

This tray was a BHG fall item from Walmart a number of years ago.

Painting it has made it a piece that I can use throughout the year.  I love it here on my china cabinet holding my sweet MIL's teacups.

Now, how about some real cuteness -- no paint involved.
The cutest little apple pickers ever!

Cannot believe Littliest Miss has started pre-school!  Don't you just love the little chalkboard
and especially what's written on the bottom?  
Sniff, sniff.....Nanna was blubbering, too, when I saw this!

Little Miss looking so grown-up!  My sweet DIL has used the little chalkboard to record each "first day" of school since pre-school -- such a cute tradition!

Thank you so much for popping in for a visit!  You are always welcome here.
I sometimes like to party with these lovely bloggers:
Monday
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays

Tuesday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired

Wednesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday

Thursday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Friday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday
Jody & Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays 
Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading

Saturday
Natasha at Natasha in OZ for Say G'Day Saturday Party 

14 comments:

  1. So nice to know how well that chalk paint works! You sure have been a busy bee with all that painting! I love all the transformations. The wooden box looks great holding your coffee supplies and I love the painted frames! Those grands are growing up fast aren't they? Cute pics and I love their dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-You have been rolling in paint! Good for you----look at all you got done! Wow. I love ALL your projects but I am really smitten with that cute little tool box!
    Your grandgirls are SOOO cute- my daughter does the slate board thing too--and she writes on a 2nd one that they hold what they want to be when the grow up. Ethan's this year was an Acrobatic Zookeeper. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been quite the busy lady, Carol! I think the tool caddy is my favorite but the green to ivory pumpkin make over may be tied :) Your granddaughters are adorable! I bet you can't wait until the next time you get to hug them! As I am typing I have the doors open, it's lightly raining and the thunder and lightening are getting closer and closer! I'm so excited!! Love Fall weather in AZ :) Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on painting Carol, love the updates you made! And that chalkboard idea is wonderful, have to remember that for Sophia! She is growing up fast, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen that paint. I will have to look for it. I have used ASCP but it is expensive. I also bought plaster of paris to make my own but I haven't gotten to try it. Your pieces are beautiful. But you are right the cutest things didn't need any paint. The girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Folk Art made chalk paint -- thanks for the tip! Your projects are beautiful and so are your grandbabies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such cuteness and they are getting so big! Love your chalk paint projects. I will have to see if we can buy it in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love all of your projects! I hope you will join me tomorrow for my first link party! www.everydayliving.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tool box!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Carol! Oh, everything looks wonderful you've painted and I really love the pretty blue of your tool box. Yep, those are some darling little apple pickers!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just at JoAnn's the other day, now I have to go back and see if they have it! I love ASCP but agree that it is to expensive for me, I've been buying the Americana Decor chalk paint from Home Depot and it seems just as good!
    I love the chalkpaint pumpkin and those two little princess are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I think I can love this paint! Thank you for sharing where you got it. I will have to try some very soon. Love, love all your changes and the bathroom pictures look gorgeous! Now, my favorite in the whole post is your little apple pickers all ready for school. They look so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little Miss is absolutely adorable!!! I need to try this paint. I HATE sanding!! All of the things you used it on turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful re-dos. I love those chalk paint colors. Yes, Little Miss is so cute also :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...