6/14/16

Happy 47th Anniversary!

Hey everyone!  Here we are, another year older and celebrating another anniversary!  I feel so truly blessed and pinch myself often as a reminder of just how lucky I am to have found this outstanding man, who loves me in spite of my many quirks.



Blushing bride!

Oh, wow, I was young and teensy!  I cannot believe that dress was a Size 6!

Here we are with two of the most precious people in my life, my grandparents.  Hubby's grandparents died when he was quite young, so he didn't mind that my grandparents "scooped" him in and loved him as their own.  He was pretty crazy about them, too!  I am so grateful that our children got to meet and spend even a small bit of time with their wonderful Great-Grandparents.  I think about them often and hope they are looking down on our family and feeling happy.

Don't you just love the cute little hat?  Well, I was wearing gloves, too!  This "Going Away" outfit created some giggles when I had to go into a pharmacy a couple of hours into our trip to purchase my birth control pills that I had forgotten to pack -- oh, yes, the pharmacist was quite amused!

This past year has been quite the wild ride, physically and emotionally.  The loss of several friends and family, and my own diagnosis of breast cancer would put a monumental strain on anyone.  What could make some relationships weak, proved to strengthen ours.  I've said many times over the course of chemo, surgery and radiation, that this man is my rock; without his love and strength, my cancer journey would have been so much more difficult and could have had a far different outcome.



Now, looking at 47 years, I am so happy to have had this wonderful man in my life for all these many years.  We have weathered many storms, celebrated wonderful events like the birth of both of our children and our children's children, provided solace in times of need; and through everything, have remained strong for each other.  People always seem so shocked when we say we've been married for so many years and often ask what our secret is.  I don't think there is a secret to a good marriage, but my advice, if anyone wants to know is:
                                                     a)  Be good friends
                                                     b)  Be honest, but not hurtful, & trust each other
                                                     c)   Love deeply 
                                                     d)   Forgive and forget petty issues
                                                     e)   Be willing to say "I'm sorry" and mean it

Would I marry this sweet man all over again?  You betcha'!


16 comments:

  1. Good Morning Carol!
    Welcome back and I hope that you are all refreshed:)
    Such a darling Bride and your vivacious and sunny disposition is just as apparent then as it is now!
    Happy Anniversary to a precious couple!!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Carol!
    Happy Anniversary and many, many more to such a lovely couple!
    May God bless your new year of pure and honest love between you two.
    Like you say, honesty and sincerity is what the secret is.
    Have a wonderful week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding dress! Happy Anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fabulous. Happy Anniversary!!!! You two look so happy. I am thrilled you are through this cancer mess and wow, I love that dress and that hat is priceless. Of course a hat and gloves were what every proper young lady wore, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carol...what a precious post...with precious photos! You were a beautiful bride and continue to be a beautiful lady inside and out. I don't know you personally, but I can tell you are. Congratulations on weathering the storms and on 47 years of marriage! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 47 years! Sounds like you definitely found your Mr. Right! It is always heart warming to hear of a couple that has been together for so many years, especially these days where divorce is so prevalent. Most couples don't seem willing to grow together and just give up when the going gets a little tough. My 28th is this year and I found my Mr. Right as well. Hope you have a beautiful day!

    Hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary, Carol. You have so much to celebrate and I hope you are enjoying some wonderful moments together this week. I love peeking back at your outfits and wedding day. How fun!! I totally agree with your advice to long lasting love...number one...be friends. Romance is important, but friendship is the lasting tie that truly binds. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words of wisdom!

    We are just 2 years behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! What a lovely post, filled with good insight and advice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary to you both! What a wonderful milestone. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Anniversary!!! 47 years is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation on 47 wonderful years! You still look happy! Love the photos you chose to share this year. Many special moments of love, joy and commitment! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to two love birds! We're one up on you. I posted about our 47th last summer. I remember how white gloves were worn back then, and I had a going away outfit too! And the size...I think mine was an 8!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol, I am just getting caught up on my blog reading and saw your post. Congrats on 47 years! What a blessing! And may you have many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carol,
    Congratulations on 47 years.........you two look great!
    These was great advice too.
    Hope you guys had a great time of celebration,
    Also love your vacation photo wall in your newest blog post. What a great
    idea..........it looks awesome.

    Happy Belated Anniversary.
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...