9/28/14

Fall in the Hearth Room

Hey everyone!  I hope this is going to be the start of a wonderful week for y'all!  Here in the AZ desert, we may have finally crossed back under the triple digit mark, and anything in the 80s and 90s sounds good to me!  Today I want to share our "Hearth Room," which we typically call our family room.  Our son shared with us that in VA, it is referred to as the hearth room, and I just think that sounds so much better.  So, from here forward, we have a "Hearth Room!"  Before I get going on that little tour, I just wanted to share some scenes from the storm we had yesterday.

Keep in mind, it did not start raining until mid-afternoon & only continued for a couple of hours.  We do rain in a big way around here!  We had lightening, thunder and 2+ inches of rain.  Unlike some areas of Phoenix, we did not lose power or have any uprooted trees......so thankful!  Good news -- all of the rain-filled pics above are now completely dry.  The desert was very thirsty!

Okay, now let's move on to our hearth room, shall we?

It really is a very cozy room, even without a fire blazing.



The Man has a "some day" plan for the fireplace and entertainment area, but for now, I do what I can with this small mantel.

It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do with the mantel this year, but when I found the cotton bole stems at Michael's, it kind of all came together.  Of course, it had to have some turquoise!



I found this FREE printable on Pinterest, and knew it would be perfect -- it has all of my
favorite colors.  You can find it HERE, and it comes in 2 different color combos.


This was a garland I made last year.

I have had these apothecary jars for a couple of years.  You can find a very good 
tutorial HERE.  Would love to fill them with candy corn and other yummy treats, but I dare not!



I purchased these birch wrapped candles at World Market last year, and they burn straight down -- just the way you want candles to burn.

This was a new purchase from HomeGoods -- part of my "HomeGoods Happy" 
shopping therapy!

This is the table (my sweet MIL's old sewing machine) next to my chair.  I kept it simple.


This FREE printable can be found HERE.  I simply printed it onto card stock that looked like
layers of book pages.  It's really cool paper......I need more!

I've been having some "crafty-fun" in my craft room -- this was an old orange pumpkin that I painted with chalkboard paint, then added some squiggly things, & topped it off with some card stock leaves
and a fluffy orange bow.

I plopped it into my old wooden bowl and surrounded it with leaves -- DONE!

This wire piece is on a small wall between our kitchen and hearth room.  I decided it was the perfect place to hang these sepia-toned pics of our "Grands."  The wreath is one I made last year for our kitchen window.

So, there you have it folks -- our "Fall Hearth Room."  Hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed sharing it with y'all.  Come back any time!

I sometimes like to party with these lovely bloggers:
Monday
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays

Tuesday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired

Wednesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday

Thursday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Friday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday
Jody & Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays 
Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading

Saturday

Natasha at Natasha in OZ for Say G'Day Saturday Party 

26 comments:

  1. Very pretty Carol! You guys sure have some crazy weather out in AZ! It was in the 80's here in NJ but it cools off nicely at night. Have a wonderful week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I like what you've done for fall! I have to pick up one of the free printables that I sent to my Walgreens to be printed out. Can't wait. Aren't those the most wonderful resource?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely and cozy room Carol. I love you Fall décor. Wow, when it rains it literally pours....I love a good rainy day especially with thunder.. but, do not like those damaging heavy storm days.. have a great week.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'hearth room' Carol! I see you decided on great bows to cover the command hooks ~ Love them!! Your crafty pumpkin is cool too! Enjoy this absolutely beautiful weather we have now that the rain has gone! Was today great??? Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall hearth room looks so pretty, Carol. I love the leaf garland you made! I'm glad you've cooled off some. It's hard for me to imagine triple digits in September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearth room is gorgeous!! I love all your all touches. I especially love the garland. We have had some triple digit weather but not quite as hot as Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stuff! Home Goods opens in Baton Rouge Sunday! I can't believe y'all had so much rain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, you have so many neat, custom touches that really warm up your hearth room...although sounds like you don't really need much more warmth out there! ;) I love those printables...off to pinterest I go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hearth room is beautiful, Carol! I love the mantel display. The blue S just stands out so nicely. I've never seen cotton boll stems before, that's a very interesting look. I'm glad the weather is cooling down a little bit for you. I understand about the way you do rain there because so do we! It can be a little scary at times but every drop is appreciated. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the best fall decor! I love it. When you get rain....you get rain! I bet hose poor desert plants are wishing they would have had swimming lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, your fall decor is beautiful and your home looks so cozy for the season. Love your mantel and your fall banners. So nice to get that kind of rain and I am sure you needed it. We are predicted for Thursday and I hope so.
    Happy Fall.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol and how nice to hear from you! I know you were glad to get some rain as long as no damage occured! Your falling around looks wonderful. I really like your mantel and the little fall leaves you made! Your room looks charming and thanks for the reminder that the unpacking will finally be over! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carol,
    I love all your fall pretties. You have such an eye for beautiful vignettes. I bet all who enter your home just love their visits, because your home is so beautiful, warm, and inviting! xoxo, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carol,
    I'm a first time visitor. I love your sweet blog. Yes, some pretty awful weather in your area. Thanks for sharing your Autumn decor and I'll be back to visit soon.
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love the term hearth room, also, Carol, and yours is so inviting and warm. You just put so much love into all that you do, it seems. I am jealous of your rain...we haven't had any in months, and our grass is dead and brown, like it has been set on fire. It just doesn't seem like fall at all here in Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks beautiful!!! I love your "hearth room"!! The rain is unbelievable!! But like you said, you must have needed it. Happy Fall!!!! My favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sure got a lot of rain in a short amount of time! Glad it didn't cause any major damage. I saw those cotton bole stems at Michael's too, but was in a hurry and didn't get any. I think a return trip is in order! :) I also love the card stock you have that looks like layers of book pages. Cute! Your mantel and hearth room are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carol,
    Wow, you did get some rain.........we have been having rain all week too, supposedly till Friday, then
    hopefully it will give it a rest.........
    Your hearth room is very pretty. Like how you did you mantle, looks really nice and I love that shade of blue with the fall colors, very pretty. Also like it with cobalt blue too.

    Your House says Happy Fall for sure!
    Hope this finds you doing well hon,
    blessings, Nellie

    How is your son and his family doing?? Hope they are liking their new home.
    Any plans to see them during the holidays?? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol, you've created such a pretty, autumnal vibe in the hearth room, with cozy vignettes, (love the orange/aqua ones!), and seasonal flair. I especially love the 'harvest' and 'fall' bunting - so adorable!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your mantle and room look so pretty, carol! I really like the printable and the little touches of turquoise. Love the wire piece with the pictures of the kids! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We've had several unusually hefty rains in September too. Your fall decorating is so pretty. I just wish fall were about 6 months long, sparing us of a long winter. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! I have got to bookmark this page and come back and make some notes. Love the pops of blue throughout. The mantle and all the vignettes are adroable! One of the cutest I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi Carol ... some really pretty decorations for Fall ... maybe I will get inspired to get my Fall stuff out.
    So many cute things, it is hard to pick a favorite. Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HI Carol! Oh, I love your home all dressed up for Fall! You have some great things. Thanks for popping in to see me and have a lovely week.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Carol, your fall decorating is so cute. When I think of the desert, I do think of turquoise. The printable is darling. Thanks for visiting. Have a fab day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carol, It may be raining and yucky outside -- but your house looks so fallish and inviting! Love your décor.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...