6/11/17

Enjoying My Happy Crafty Space

Hey everyone!  I cannot believe it has been a month since my last post, but that definitely doesn't mean I haven't had anything to post about....just haven't had the "blog mojo" to do it!  I actually have several things I want to post about over the summer, but today's post is all about my "Happy Crafty Space."  For those of you who find no interest in crafty-creative spaces, please turn away now and hurry on to the next blogger.  I won't be offended, and you will probably save yourself a "sensory overload meltdown.  If you are staying around, I thank you; but I do encourage you to grab a beverage....this could be a "photo-bumpy ride!"

You may remember that The Man and I completely overhauled my craft room a year ago.  You can find that post HERE.  The basic layout has not changed, but the organization of my "stash hoard" has changed several times.  I just consider that I'm fine-tuning my organization skills....HAHA!

I am still 100% happy with this layout and adore having this island work station.  It seldom looks this tidy, but my goal each day is to leave it like this at the end of the day....okay, that rarely happens😼.

So what led to my latest re-do of this room, you might be wondering?  Well, in case you're in doubt, I'm a very visual person and being surrounded by all of my colorful supplies really gets the creative juices flowing.  At the same time, I am a very sentimental person with a big jolt of whimsy tucked in for good measure.  There is no lack of photos in my space, but I felt it was lacking in some displays to draw in more whimsical and cute things, as well as old and new things that speak to me of days gone by.


This shelf above my sewing table use to hold jars of zippers, velcro, etc., but decided to find better homes for those items in drawers.  Now this shelf is sweet, whimsical and never fails to make me smile.

This is a card my sister made me for my birthday this year.  This is a piece of very fine crochet that our sweet grandmother made many years ago.  I didn't even know it existed until this precious card arrived. My younger sister and I had been estranged for several years, and we were just starting to find our way back to each other....this could not have been a more fitting way to reconnect and forge a bond that will never again be broken.  Our sweet "Mawmaw Angel" made it all happen!


I have several apothecary jars in many shapes and sizes, so I decided to use them to display some fun and cute things here in my space rather than storing them empty in my decor closet.  What could be cuter than fabric yo-yos?  I think they will be adorable on cards or even scrapbook pages, and they are so much fun to make!  I also adore this cute little tea set inside a cheese dome.

This space is just to the left of my sewing machine and the perfect spot for a cute pressing board!

I had no idea what I was looking for at JoAnn's that day, but this fabric just leapt into my cart.  Isn't it just the cutest? 


 This little desk area is so perfect for me.  I love having the window right there next to me.  One thing new that has been added in the last several months is the TV.  I didn't really think I needed one, but the space between the bookshelf brackets was begging....absolutely perfect fit!



I changed quite a few things on top of my IKEA Expedit (now called Kallax).  I've discovered I have a love for cake pedestals....some new, some old, and look so pretty just stacked or for use as display stands.  I'm not in this room much at night, but I still like having little soft lights here and there.

Here's another apothecary jar filled with some colorful balls of yarn.  The angel has been watching over our home for many years and has been clad in many different colors.  This is her first time in this room and her first time at being white....she is destined to have more work done!

 I bought this cute shabby-chic box awhile back at HobLob....I won't lie, I loved the color and it just hopped in my cart!  It really wasn't serving any purpose until I discovered that some of my small paper pads fit perfectly.

I'm always switching things around on the IKEA picture ledges, but I'm still truly happy with how these ledges work for my wooden stamps and paints.

 I found this box at Michaels' (on sale, of course), and it was love at first sight....sweet reminder of how much we enjoyed our time in Paris and "shut the front door, just look at those colors!"  It's just basking in all its beauty and waiting for a purpose....sigh.😸

This is my new way of storing/organizing my dies and embossing folders.


I still love, love, love my IKEA Raskgog cart, and it has served so many different needs.  It seems I am always changing it up.  It fits perfectly between the two Expedits until I need it and then glides right up to my craft desk.  Abby is giving it a much needed inspection....she is such a cute little photo-bomber!

The top tray holds all of my planner supplies.

This is my "faith" section.  I have my Journaling Bible, creative gratitude journal, prayer journal and a few other faith-related items.

I keep the pens, stickers, clear stamps, etc. that I use for Faith Journaling, right here in a top drawer of my craft desk.

Well, it looks like the inspection continues....lol!  The bottom tray holds my Xyron and a few extra journals.  I usually keep my coloring tote down here, unless it's in the family room next to my chair.

Washi Tape....let me count the rolls!  I enjoy seeing how other crafters store their washi tape, and I have tried so many different ways.  This is how I'm currently stashing most of mine.....I do have a good supply of season-specific rolls located in my seasonal drawers.  I really should share how I have those drawers organized....good for another post! 

 I just recently painted this little stool...it had been on the front porch and was painted black.  Eeek, it was ugly.  I mixed some chalk paint and now I want to paint everything this color!  Have any of you who crochet or knit tried these Caron Cakes?

This is what they look like from the top....the colors are so vibrant!  Cannot wait to start something!

 Okay, here's another little project I finished just a short time ago.

I chalk-painted 3 tin pie plates from the $Store and a plastic turntable that I already had.  I created the tiers using candlesticks from the $Store....already had those, too.  I used E6000 glue just to be safe.

It holds a bunch of cute and useful things close at hand but doesn't take up much space on
my craft table!


Thanks so much for stopping by and allowing me to prattle on and on with pic after pic of my 
Crafty Happy Space.

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Carol

I'm hope to be joining these lovely ladies this week:

Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home














5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I can comment again! You fixed it! :) I adore your craft room and that card from your sister is beautiful! Hope you're enjoying the weekend and staying cool. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that the comment you left on my blog post still showed up as "no reply" though. That's fine with me...as long as I have your email address, I can just reply to your sweet comments by creating a new email. No worries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you think you need a new template for your blog?
    I have created a new amazing tool called Blogger Templates Builder. Can you guess what it does? it allows you to make/build your own Blogger template by selecting from different styles and components for the header, slider, posts, sidebar, and footer.

    If you are not interested in buying a new template then you might want to make some money with us by referring people to buy our Blogger templates. So, if someone needs a new template for their blog, you can just send them to my website and earn 40% on each sale they make.

    Here is the link: http://www.templates-builder.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I love seeing where everyone creates! You have so many wonderful items in your room, but that card you received from your sister is really gorgeous. Your grandmother did a wonderful job on it! Since I last organized my studio, it's stayed really good, except for the tables that are piled so high, I can't work on them. Summer is crazy with us because we spend so much time at our cottage, and of course I went to Texas for 10 days, and now I'm going away later in July for a conference. So I probably won't get around to clearing off these tables until fall. Love all your special touches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carol you are definitely a serious craft person! What a space to be creative- everything at your fingertip. I've always hated putting something away I'm working on because I'm using the DR table LOL I don't create much these days.
    Terrific you have reconnected with your younger sister. I have 5 sisters, so I know its not always smooth sailing.
    Hope you are having a great day
    Take care
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...