7/18/12

I'm Longing for Fall!

Hey everyone!  I really start to get the "Fall Decorating Bug" every year at just about this time.  It makes me a bit "wonky," because I know it's way too early to start decorating -- I have to wait until at least mid-August....LOL!  No, I'm not kidding; I begin my Fall decorating that early because it's my favorite time of year.  Besides, it's so doggone hot here in AZ, that I must create the illusion of "crispy-coolness" in the air just to be able to survive the rest of our "HOT" season.  Well, just when I'm wondering how I will ever survive another month, my sweet friend, Liz @ Savvy Seasons, had this wonderful post yesterday about "Dreaming of Autumn" & then linked it to an entire Fall Decor Party!  How cool!  It may be too early to decorate, but I can certainly share what I've done in the past with my favorite season.
So, are you ready for some delightful sights of Fall?  Okay, then let's get started!

These first few photos were taken at our previous home.


This was our garden house & was in full-view from the sunroom, so it had to have a
pop of seasonal color.



This was my dining room tablescape.  Had all of these things on hand & just got busy
 having creative fun!





 This photo shows my antique Singer sewing machine that I use as my entry table & also sofa table.  We had a very small entry, so this worked well.    The pumpkin is from Ross & is seeded & covered with small slices of tree branches.  It's sitting on a berry wreath from Michael's.  The little lamp is from Kirkland's.  The wreath below is a tied burlap project that I plan to use for Christmas, too.




This was the middle section of our media center.  Sorry for the glare & slight blurriness, the photographer is definitely an amateur!  The china pumpkins are sitting on various objects to give them varying heights.  I've accumulated these from several different places, but always on sale.  The cute sunflower plate is from Ross (love that store) & the plate behind it is actually a charger from Walmart.  Sorry about the glare.  The greenery is just a bunch of faux ivy.



This is my sofa side table .  I had just recently painted the base of that lamp.  It had been a very light biege., but I like it much better now.  I do need a new lampshade.  I already had everything else on this table.  The photo is a favorite of ours that we try to duplicate each year of us with our "grands."  The double pumpkin-thing holds tealites.  By-the-way, the wall color was called Terra Cotta.

Now moving on to our current home.



This home has 10' ceilings, so I have had so much fun creating vignettes on top of several pieces of furniture, niches, & cabinets.  This is on top of my china cabinet.  I added a battery-operated, remote control candle to this nice big lantern.

I also added lights to the entire top of the china cabinet & love the warm glow through the silk
autumn leaves.  Found the plaster pear at Ross.

Here again is my nice big rustic pumpkin.  I love the berries on this leafy swag.




Found the leaf plate at HL & built my vignette around it, using items I already had.  


On the buffet part of my china cabinet, I placed a berry wreath behind my bowl of
glass orbs.  I really like the reflections in the mirror.


I love seasonal florals & usually create a new look reusing things from my floral stash. 
Go HERE if you want to see my process for creating floral arrangements.


This is how it looks in my sitting room.



If you would like to see how I created the big, floppy pumpkin, go HERE.  Think "t.p." -- just sayin'!





I used this Mexican pot last year with the faux pumpkin (love the green color) & just added a new grapevine, leafy swag.  This sits right next to my front door.



We have this little alcove in our front porch area which is very visible from the street.
I brought my black wicker chair from the patio to this area & just started layering.  I draped a string of lights all over everything on the chair & then tucked a big bunch inside the large ceramic pumpkin.  The "Happy Halloween" sign was a "freebie" download off the internet.  Added a bit of web & a few 
spiders -- not too scary!

I made this bright & colorful quilted wallhanging a couple of years ago & love when it's time to 
hang it up.  I had this berry & mini pumpkin swag that I fastened into a ring & just pinned it to the quilt.

I like the added texture.


By Thanksgiving, I had already started some Christmas decorating, but I still wanted to respect
the day & our history.  Since we were only having part of our family over for the big meal, I decided to create a nice big display on my kitchen island, honoring all things Thanksgiving.


Everything looks so great in an apothecary jar, don't you think?   Love my Pilgrims (bought the couple at Big Lots several years ago) & the Indian couple were new last year from HL.

I used a quilted tablerunner (made by me) as my base & then had fun layering away!  I kept this vignette right in the middle of our large island, & then used both sides 
for serving our dinner buffet-style



The table is set with my Fiesta dishes sitting on chargers from Walmart last year.  Love this

bright & colorful tablecloth & was able to pick up all the colors with my variety of Fiesta dishes.  I kept my center piece arrangement low so we could carry on a conversation.


The candles are not too tall so everyone can see everyone else!

Well, I don't know about ya'll, but I'm really looking forward to Fall!  It has been great fun 
sharing all these photos with you, & I'm truly enjoying seeing yours, too!  Thanks so much for 
stopping by, & please come again soon.

~CAS~

These are the parties I'm linking to:

WhisperWood Cottage for The Talent Scounting Party
Emily at 52 Mantels for Thursdays Are Your Days




24 comments:

  1. Hey there, ya'll have me drooling with all of the fall decor. I actually googled fall decorations the other day and just looked and looked. I can't wait to get started. Love those double doors with the wreaths! Hope ya'll are staying comfy out in that desert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your Fall decor last year, CAS! So festive, lush and beautiful ... I know you can't wait to start adding splashes of Fall this year. And, don't worry, you're not alone ... I start decorating for Fall in August, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I'm just wanting cooler weather in order to be outside more. But, there's at least one more month & maybe more of this stuff. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your fall decoratiing Cas, really love pumpkin from Ross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great fall touches in every room! Does it feel any cooler? :)

    Thanks for linking up to The "Autumn Décor" Talent Scouting Party at WhisperWood Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cas, I looove your Fall decor! It is also my favorite time if the year! The vignette on top of your china cabinet is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lantern on top of your china cabinet! That's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not even thought about fall decor yet, but I need to get with the program!!! ;P I really love your lantern on top of your china cabinet...the shoe vignette is so pretty!
    Congrats to Taylor. I know you are so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing your fall decor again. Today I started thinking about the kind of scarecrows that I wanted to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you decorated for fall!!! I can't wait to see what you do this year. I start in late August also. Blessings, Dani

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think there will be alot of people happy when Fall finally gets here. It has been extremely hot all over the nation this summer! Your Fall decor pics are very nice. Hard to believe that school will be starting back soon and Fall decor will be gracing our homes again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm ready for fall but I don't think it will ever get here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *sigh* I wish Fall would hurry up and get here! It is so hot here! Thank you for the beautiful inpspiration today!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am following from July's blog hop! Love for you to stop by and follow back.

    I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Over 200 great blogs! Love to have you!

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS CAS!! I adore fall decor and you've given me great inspiration with all your fabulous vignettes...can't wait myself for the decorating season with gourds and pumpkins and wooden bowls, etc. Thanks for sharing and before you know it it'll be fall, time just flies away!!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following you back! I am in AZ also!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your gorgeous fall decor! Especially, the quilted wall hanging you made...so cute! I am too starting to dream of fall and of cooler weather. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  18. I couldn't agree more! I am soooo ready for Fall! this has just been such a hot summer already. I love all the Fall decor you showed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also need fall but because I'm sick
    of this dang heat! Love the doors
    in the photo!
    Thanks for your visit to my blog today
    and your kind words..
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your fall decor, it's my fav!! I really enjoyed all the beautiful vignettes you created last year. I can't wait to see what you do this year. Hurry up Fall! =) xo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm itching to start putting out my fall decor too. Yours is so well displayed.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  22. This hot weather has me yearning for fall-even though I am miserable in cold weather and of course that follows fall! I do adore the colors of fall and all of the decorations-probably my favorite decorating season besides Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...