6/9/14

It's "D" Day!

Hey everyone!  It's not a good way for a Nana to start the week, at least not this Nana.  Today was "D" Day -- Departure Day for our son and his family.


I (we) are going to miss these guys so much!


They buttoned up their house on Sunday and left it in the hands of their realtor, then came over here late in the afternoon.  We played, had a tea party, filled up on Nana's lasagne, watched "Frozen," and got in lots of hugs and snuggles (I can never get enough of those), & went to bed knowing that this morning would come all too soon.


Sweet and bubbly even at 4:30 this morning!

I know I (we) will see them again in a couple of months in Oregon for a family reunion, but
today just feels so final.  

I managed to hold it together until those final hugs and kisses as they got into their car this morning to leave for the airport.  This Nana's restraint was done!  Don't get me wrong, I (we) are thrilled for this new adventure and opportunity for this sweet family, but our hearts are truly aching right now.

The sight of this on the breakfast room table brought new tears as I think of those sweet little hands holding the tiny teapot and cups so carefully.  Perhaps I should put this little set away and out of sight for awhile.

It's truly a bitter-sweet time for The Man and I.  We will eventually only have gladness in our hearts, but for today, tomorrow, and probably for the foreseeable future, our hearts are very sad.  This will be my last post for awhile, but I will return with a lighter mood -- I hope!

Thank you for indulging my sadness, and I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...