5/7/20

There's Been Some Quilting Going On!

Hey, everyone!  Does anyone know what day it is or even what month it is?  I keep forgetting!  Can anyone else relate?

Well, I've decided to try to do one post per week, and today's post is about quilting.  I just finished this quilt today, and I'm so happy to have it finished!


I am no master quilter at all, but I think this turned out pretty cute!  I try not to get overly stressed about seams matching up and trying to get everything perfect.  I started out doing that and quickly put quilting on the back-burner for awhile until I just decided to have fun with quilting.  Now my attitude is much more relaxed and quilting is something I really enjoy!

Since I'm sharing about quilting, I thought I'd also share how I store my fabric and quilting supplies.


With the exception of the row of photo albums, most of this Kallax unit is devoted to sewing.  I do have a good-size table for my sewing machine & can work on quilts fairly easily.  All of my furniture is either from IKEA or Michael's.  I added the drawers, a couple of sets at a time, into the Kallax...really like drawer storage.

                

This cubby holds my quilting books and my collection of quilt patterns.  This is one of those 3" ring binders, & it is packed.  I just recently weeded through it, but it's still very full!

 






All the patterns are in sheet protectors and the binder is divided into sections that make sense to me.


I like for my supplies to be close at hand and also part of the decor...love seeing the spools of thread!

 












These are my first bank of Kallax drawers.
 As you can see, I really like fat quarters. Actually, I make most of my quilts using fat quarters...except for the backing piece, of course.






This bin (just below the fat quarter drawers) holds scraps.  I'll share a bit later what I do with scraps when I get bored!

The next bank of drawers are holding sewing/quilting projects.  When I'm working on a quilt or some other sewing project, I like to keep everything together.  The top drawer is holding the remnants from the quilt I just finished...I have plans for these scraps. My next quilt is just below.

The next drawer holds a quilt kit that I hope to start very soon.  The next drawer holds what I do with scraps...I cut them into my most often used squares & strips & I keep them in labeled baggies.  This is a great boredom-buster (also scrap buster).  I hope to make a very scrappy quilt some day!






This bin holds mainly sewing projects that I've put together....aprons, Teddy Bears, outdoor pillows & cushions.  Once I decide to start working on one of these, it will get moved to one of the drawers above.










 

Onto the 3rd bank of drawers...having fun yet?  The top drawer is holding some Christmas projects in-the-making.  The second drawer holds seasonal fabrics...mostly fat quarters & a few remnants left over from other projects.







The 3rd drawer holds lots of felt, & the bottom drawer holds a few patterns.














This bin holds some larger pieces of fabric that I can use for various projects.







I won't go into the 4th bank of drawers at this time, because it holds my embroidery & cross stitch projects and needs its own post.  That will be coming soon, I hope!

 






This set of drawers is directly to the left of my sewing machine.  I won't go into each drawer, but I will share the top drawer.  It holds my machine feet, needles, marking pens & a lint roller...very important!








In case you are curious, my one and only machine is a 35 year old Bernina 1130.  There is nothing plastic about this bad boy...it weighs a ton!  It's served me well over the years, and I cannot imagine sewing on anything else!









Just to the left of my sewing machine is a padded board I made for pressing when I'm sewing or quilting.  The iron & water bottle sit on my Raskgog cart that is tucked into a corner beside the Kallax.
The set of drawers holding up the right side of my sewing table are turned toward my crafting area, so I used some command hooks to hold sewing scissors, rulers & mats on the backside of that drawer unit.  My SIL gifted me the pincushion-thread catcher, & I love it!
                                                     

Just to the right of my machine, I have this 3-tiered spinner that I made using pie tins & candle sticks from the Dollar Store.  It holds some thread & tools that I reach for most often.  Plus it has a few things just for cuteness!











This is the backside of my sewing table. I have an 
Ott Lite, a small cutting pad, & at the far end is my
paper cutter.  It's not in the way at all & is very 
convenient to my crafting area.  I often spread 
scrapbook pages all along this area....it's space that
serves multiple uses.




I finished this Hungry Caterpillar quilt a few weeks ago.  It was a gift for a precious baby boy born on Cinco de Mayo.  I kind of like the back of the quilt better than the front, but both are cute.  I also included the little book.




Did you survive this very photo heavy post?  Bless your heart if you did & no hard feelings if you just couldn't...we all have our breaking points!  Anyway, this is a wrap for this time.  I'm having spine surgery next week, so I may not post for a week or so.  Part of the new normal is that I had to have a Covid-19 test this week....it's now required before any surgery!  Now that's a good idea! 

See you soon,
Carol












 










27 comments:

  1. Carol- I love your sewing area. We just moved into a condo and I am just at the place where I can set up to sew. I can't wait. I used to do some quilting but haven't done any in years. You do beautiful work and I love how your drawers are all set up.

    I hope you are staying safe with this virus and that you have had a Happy Mother's Day. We are still underdeep quarantine here and so are staying home. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you are so organized!! What a great space you have for sewing. I know you're a pro and you truly have a professional work area. I think I could be a much better seamstress with all those fun tools and fabrics. It's on the dream list! I hope your surgery goes well, please keep us posted. Well wishes my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Aqur Printing Jakarta wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this informative post. I'm very interested in this topic. I would like to share this very short video, hoping for the feedback

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Interlinc Group is a globally integrated logistics, distribution and transaction services company with operations in over 20 markets across the Caribbean, South Pacific, Asia and Central America. Interlinc
    Interlinc Group

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desert safari in Dubai is a very nice place. You have to get more experience of desert safari in Dubai. You can get enjoy and get more adventure with desert safari. You can ride quad biking, camel riding in desert safari. You can see the World Famous Burj Khalifa. Desert safari is a very adventure place.
    Desert Safari Dubai
    Dubai Desert Safari

    ReplyDelete

  7. thanks for this great information
    it's really helpful and well understandable while reading.

    ReplyDelete

  8. what interesting content easy to read and to understand.
    However, i really enjoy reading from this content
    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative post! There are lot of information here that can help any career get started with successful social networking campaign.

    I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and I came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It really makes sense and I will be bookmarking this page, for I will come back for more. You can check on my article via the URL:


    https://www.makeoverarena.com/apple-music-vs-youtube-music/

    ReplyDelete
  10. the simplicity of your content amazes, i really find your site interesting. thank you for this great update

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post
    You will appreciate Rise City NFT like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. Thanks for sharing this information, this is useful to me.
    How to Increase Sales on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


  14. We want to change and transform the splintered world of finance - from basic banking needs, payments and money transfer to the global financial ecosystem itself.
    Best Trading Experience -Bybit support
    The future is a world where every person on earth has access to safe, transparent, fair and free financial services.Their customer support is also very responsive & resolves the issue proactively.Their UI is also very user friendly. It has the lowest fees among all exchanges.
    Quick and easy way of trading -Kukoin support

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with the site you set up. I've been thinking about setting up a site like this for a while, but it's so hard to come up with content and I don't want to be a spammer. Your article is really helpful and it really inspired me to get started. Thank you so much for sharing your post!
    newborn photography ideas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please Read.You have a great post here, Have anyone here know Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.For my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
    Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure. I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet begun to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr jekawo herbal doctor hands whom god has blessed with ancestral powers and a gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Hepatitis... So I made a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have been watching my health for 6 years now and I actually confirmed that his herbal medicines are a permanent cure and I'm so happy that I came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr Jekawo herbal doctor Email: drjekawo@gmail.com if you went through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because to be honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...