12/15/14

All Through the House

Hey everyone!  This will be my final post for the year, so it's basically just some random shots taken here and there around the house and outside, too.  I'm feeling a bit burned out, I'm sure I'm not the only one, and decided now was a good time to take a breather.  Anyhoo, now for some randomness!


I'm trying a new place for our cards this year.  I like it, but Abby keeps knocking them down...lol!

I've seen several ways that people reuse or recycle their Christmas cards, but I like to keep them and reminisce over years gone by.  I turn ours into simple little booklets by punching a couple of holes in each card & binding them together with rings.  I then tie a ribbon around each bundle and attach a tag with the year.  They just become part of my Christmas decor.

I am so addicted to linens and most especially the seasonal ones!

I didn't do much holiday decorating in my craft room, but I did add just a couple of little things.

This sweet little porcelain deer had belonged to my sweet MIL, and it's quite old......just like some other things around here.....lol! 

Red berries and cotton stems -- love how this looks!

This is one of my favorite places to decorate seasonally.  I made the snowflakes last year and just added some lights.  I'm not great at chalk art, but it's still fun to leave a message on this chalkboard.

These plates are melamine and have been used in the past for the grands' table.  More cotton stems finish it all off.

This chalkboard is in my laundry room.  Yep, such an artist....NOT!

I always like to do a little something in the main/guest bathroom.

A yarn cone tree (from last year), candle and lamp sitting on a silver charger, and some fun hand & fingertip towels (from many years ago) are all that's needed in here.


Outside is super-simple this year, too.  We decided not to do the eave lights, but I did reuse the wreaths from last year around each of the exterior lights.





I've been using this wreath inside for several years and decided to move it to the front door.

I am happy to say that I did not purchase one single new Christmas decoration this year, and I have really been enjoying the more scaled down and simpler look.  Who knows what next year may bring!

As I mentioned earlier, this is my last post of the year.  I'm excited to really enjoy the rest of the holidays, just being with my family.  I wish all of you a wonderful and 
VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

14 comments:

  1. I think the little deer inside the cloche is so adorable! I love the idea of turning last year's Christmas cards into books, and the front of your house is very welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the little things give the most impact, love that little deer in your craft room. I stuck my cards to the walls this year with painters tape, I'll share it one of these days if I have the time. Anyhow, enjoy your season dear and a very, Merry Christmas to you and your family! See you in 2015!!! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Carol. I love the cute towels and the sweet deer! I would also love to know where you found the cotton. I haven't seen any around here. I can't wait to see what you're up to in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the porcelain deet is just charming!

    I wanted to thank you for your kindness and friendship. My wish is that your holiday season is filled with peace, love and joy.

    May you and yours be blessed with health and happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol- I always love seeing what you are up to--and what is new there. Those gingerbread towels are some of the cutest I have seen anywhere. I LOVE them and everything else, too, for that matter.

    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas season. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your decorations, Carol. Everything looks just right, but not too fussy, you know what I mean? Just pretty and festive. I love the deer inside the glass cake stand, that's really clever. The bundled cards is a great idea too. I used to save all cards from the year in a big box, planning to let my kids use them for crafts someday. I did it from long before I had kids, so I had a lot. By the time my older one was in preschool, I couldn't contain them all anymore! I ended up getting rid of most of them. I should have done something like what you did. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, take care and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your festive decorations, Carol! Merry Christmas to you and the hubs! Safe journeys and Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!! We'll schedule another visit after the holidays! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your family Carol. Hope you have a great time with them all. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that porcelain deer is adorable! What a good idea with the cards. I enjoy looking back at old Christmas cards too. Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so fun and festive Carol and I absolutely love what you do with your Christmas cards each year! May you have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, I hope you read this since this is your last post this year and you are probably having too much fun. :) Your home looks gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carol Merry Christmas, Every thing looks lovely, yes I am so with you on burn out! I see you adore
    Christmas Cards too, check out my DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you & your family a very Merry Christmas & wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...