4/3/12

My Guest Room -- Finally!

Hey everyone!  I've been a bit MIA lately, but we've been busy working on projects around here.  Some projects have been outside & others have been inside.  I actually finished up our guest room a few weeks ago, but didn't have time to post about it, so thought I'd give you a little look-see.  It's certainly not a fancy-shmancy room by many of the standards I've seen here in blogland, but I've tried to make it comfortable & inviting for both young and old alike.  It is also home to several family keepsakes that just didn't seem to work in other rooms of our home.  So grab an iced tea or cup of something & be prepared for photo overload.....lol!

The BEFORE........

The Man wasn't too sure about doing twin beds in here, but I won that argument.  

Now the AFTER.

I always knew I wanted a more pastel pallet in this room.  The paint color is Bamboo by Behr.  For the duvets, I used good quality cotton sheets - a soft aqua for the top & white for the bottom.  I did a button closure, using large white buttons.  We bought the comforters, the crewel stitchery feather pillows, lampshades & 4-cube Expedits all at IKEA.  The bedskirts are a very simple pintuck style that I found at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Some of the wall decor.

I really wanted this room to reflect our feelings about family & memories, so I chose to use lots of sentimental keepsakes for the decor in here.

We had the lamps in our previous home, but they were mounted on the wall in our master.  The Man came up with the brilliant idea of mounting them on either side of the Expedit, which I'm so pleased with.  I will probably add some trim or a pleated ruffle to the lower edge of the shades to make them just a bit longer.


(1) I haven't done much with the display shelf in this room, but I've added a few little things.
(2) These books were a give-away from Kim @ My Domestic Bliss quite some time ago, but I love 'em.
(3) Another Expedit (thanks IKEA)!  The 2 baskets are empty so overnite visitors can have a place to
     stash things.
(4) And what guest room is complete without nice cuddly robes.....once again, IKEA!

Well, that about wraps up the tour of our guest room.  It's cozy with comfy beds & bedding, & it's located on the opposite side of our home from the master, making it very private for everyone.  I hope you enjoyed the tour & will come back soon.

CAS

Happily linking to:








Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...