Hey everyone! I hope the first week of 2013 has gotten off to a good start for all of you. I really do like to start a new year with goals and plans for all areas of my life, including "Blogging," so I thought I would share a few of my ideas and clear up something that has had a few people confused.
Let's start with that, shall we --the CAS vs. Carol name-thing. When I first started blogging, I was a bit reserved about putting myself out there in this foreign-to-me territory, so I thought I wanted to maintain a bit of anonymity. Hey, I didn't know what a wonderful and nice bunch of people I had stumbled upon. CAS is simply my initials, and I kind of liked it. As time went on, and I got to know some of you a whole lot better, I would use my given name of Carol. Then, because I'm older and forgetful, I would forget which name I was using with whom.....lol! I know, pitiful. So anyway, a few months ago I just started signing off everything with Carol, and it feels better, less confusing -- much more "authentic."
That brings us to a big part of my New Year plan -- the word. I have been choosing a word for several years now that has significance and meaning to me. Some of my passed years' words have been Cherish, Adore, Family, Unconditionally -- well, you get the picture. Whatever my word is for the year, I try to incorporate it into the way I live my life and be aware of it every day. Sometimes my word has come easily, other times it has taken a while to choose. This year's word came very easily and holds a great deal of meaning for me. My "2013" word is Authentic, meaning good, just, real, true, legit, actual, trusty, certain, factual, genuine, accurate, credible, faithful, realistic, believable, dependable. The words I've highlighted hold the most meaning for me. As you probably noticed, I added my "word" to my blog header and will also be adding it to other places of significance around my home as an added daily reminder.
Now that you know about my word, I'd like to share my plan for my blog this year. As many of us lament on a daily basis, we tend to spend a lot of time on our blogs, and I am definitely "guilty." My blog is purely for pleasure, I do not advertise or have sponsors. I just enjoy visiting and seeing what ya'll have to share and then sharing with all of you. After setting my project goals for the year, I realize I will have to curtail my blogging a bit or I will not get much accomplished. I absolutely adore all of you and would visit each one of you every day if time permitted, but that cannot happen. I have to be "authentic" to myself and set some guidelines and hope that no one is offended. So here goes:
1. If you have "word verification," I won't be visiting -- sorry, but it has gotten ever more difficult &
takes too long to read those silly letters and numbers.
2. If your comments come through my email, but you are a "no reply blogger," I will only respond to
your comments in the "Comment" section of my post.
3. I'm going to limit myself to just one "party post" a week and limit the number of parties that I
join. I truly love the parties, but I don't feel I can be a realistic participant if I've joined too many.
4. I will do some random posts throughout the week, as time permits, to share a recipe or something
fun, but I won't be linking these to a party.
5. I really am going to try to cut back on "picture overload." Stop laughing! I'm REALLY going to
6. If you've become a follower, please leave a comment so that I can return the favor or at least
7. I definitely try to visit and comment as much as possible, but if you have left me a comment, I will
8. If you are feeling left out and that I haven't visited you in awhile, then leave me a comment and
9. I want to be a good blog friend, but it is a 2-way street!
10. I believe in what my Grandmother always said, "If you don't have something kind to say, then
don't say anything." I've never had an issue with negative comments on any of my posts, but I have
read a few here and there on other blogs. Let's just respect one another.
I kind of feel like the teacher in me has surfaced here, but I just needed to share my "vision" for this wonderful new year as far as Blogging is concerned. I hope all of you have as much fun with this craziness as I do, and I hope that we can all glean lots and lots of inspiration and wonderful ideas from each other. I hope I can be a truly "authentic" person in 2013!
Link to Party Here!
- The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
- Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
- Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
- Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
- Cindy at Dwellings of the Heart for Amaze Me Monday
- Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
- Brenda at Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
- Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesdays
- Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
- Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesay
- Jenny at The NY Melrose Family for Whimsy Wednesdays
- Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
- Pamela at From My Front Porch to Your for Treasure Hunt Thursdays
- Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
- Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
- Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
- Katie at Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Things
- Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading
- Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
- Jody and Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays
- Traci at Beneath My Heart for Best DIY Projects
- Emily at 52 Mantels for Your Mantels