10/4/15

Simple Fall Mantel

Hey everyone!  I thought this week I would share my very simple family room fireplace and mantel.  It is probably the simplest mantel I've ever done, but it also happens to be one of my favorites so far and the most fun.

Abby just happened to give me the opportunity to capture the cutest pic of her napping in front of the fireplace.  Her pad is heat-activated by her little body.  I guess she didn't get the memo that it's not yet chilly!

I guess you could say I'm into banners this year!  Both of these are ones I made last year.

Abby would love it if we turned the fireplace on.....not gonna happen any time soon!


This toy truck is 63 years old and was a gift to The Man when he was 5 years old from his older brother.  It has been played with by 3 generations of boys and has been well-loved!  I just thought it would be cute to add these turquoise bottles that I painted....you know how I love pops of turquoise!


A painted polka-dot pumpkin from last year adds another fun pop of color.

I recently moved this chalkboard from the kitchen to the family room & added my artistic talents....lol!

Being thankful is always important to me, but this year, being thankful has new meaning.  
I am so thankful for the many blessings in my life!


I often party with these lovely bloggers:

Monday
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays

Tuesday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday

Wednesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday

Thursday
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Friday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...