11/23/15

Health, Christmas and Thankfulness


Hey everyone!  I'm sure everyone is super-busy this week getting everything you need for the quickly approaching "Turkey Day!"  This is probably the first year since I've been married (46 years), that I am not planning to cook the entire meal or making pies & other such Thanksgiving fare to contribute to another family member who might be hosting the meal.  It seems a bit strange but not in a bad way.  It is what it is, and it's only one Thanksgiving out of many.  The photo above was my brief tribute to the Pilgrims and their Indian friends as they came together for the first Thanksgiving.  This was on display for about a week after Halloween before I started packing the Fall decor away and having The Man bring in the Christmas crates.  I know that many of you are greatly opposed to Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving, but I love getting our home decorated early, so we have plenty of time to enjoy it.



Health-wise, I am doing great.  I seem to be trying most all of the possible side-effects with this drug, Paclitaxel.  I have some neuropathy in my fingers, a rash that doesn't itch, dry nose and throat that causes nose bleeds and a cough, and "wacked-out" tastebuds and mouth sores, and fatigue.  I find that crocheting really helps with the neuropathy, long sleeves & pants cover the rash, moisture sprays help with the dry nose and throat, different mouth rinses help some with the confused tastebuds, and naps work the best for fatigue.  The side-effects that are most common that I have not "tried" -- nausea (not one little bit), complete loss of body hair.....eyebrows, eyelashes, & all other parts of the body--still just my little bald head!  So I feel very fortunate.  I'm on the home-stretch with only 5 more chemo infusions to go!  My last infusion will be December 28th, so I will celebrate the New Year with Chemo behind me, and look forward to getting the next fazes -- surgery and radiation completed, and being Cancer-Free!  I cannot possibly express how much I appreciate all of your sweet comments, encouragement and prayers.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful group of cheerleaders.  I am so truly blessed to have a great hubby.  He has been with me every single step of the way.....he has started referring to me as his "Project!"  I am such a lucky person to have all of you in my life!

Now before I wrap this up, I thought I'd share a little "sneaky peek" of my Christmas decor.  I think I'll be finished in the next few days and will share more in the weeks ahead.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, however you are celebrating.  Take care, be safe and enjoy all those leftovers!

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...