3/23/14

Spring is Popping in My Kitchen!

Hey everyone!  Wow, is this month flying by or what!  I truly hope that means better weather for all those who have been deluged with cold, rain and snow.  Y'all don't even want to know about our 80 degree weather, but I know I"ll be getting my "whine" on about the heat in just a short amount of time.   I almost didn't post this week, because we are working on a fairly big project around here; but I really wanted to share some Spring & Easter vignettes that I'm enjoying in my kitchen.  So here goes!
The island is the first thing you see when you enter our kitchen, so I really like having something special in the center.  It is a working island, in use for almost every meal and everything in between, so keeping my vignettes contained on a tray is what works best.


"Hey, Mr. Bunny, you are so cute!"


Cup of tea, anyone?

Simple is what I wanted for my breakfast table.

A bit of Easter-fun on the kitchen buffet!

I played around with this tiered wire basket for awhile before I settled on this little
collection of things.  Very simple, and I like it!



I like my old tool caddy layered in front of this colorful tray.  This is in my baking-mixing area, so the white pitcher with wooden spoons and spatulas is very handy.  

This area is where I do a lot of food prep for things that will be getting cooked on the stovetop.  Another white pitcher holds all the teflon utensils that I use with my Bobby Flay cookware.

I like having butter, EVOO, salts & pepper right here within easy reach.  All of my other herbs and seasonings are in the cabinet above and the drawer to the right.  If you want to see how I organized this area, you can go HERE.

Well, I'm off to help The Man on our current DIY -- cannot wait to share that one!  Hope y'all have a really terrific week, and please know you are always welcome here!

I may be partying with some of these fine bloggers this week:

The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

30 comments:

  1. Carol- It looks very nice and Spring-like there! I keep my island decorations "contained", too, because I have a working island. Love your cute bunnies and hope you share your big project with us when it is done- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty and the weather we have been having has just been awesome. I hope you and the man are doing something fun. By the way, go to my page & ask him what year this truck is? I friended you on fb as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol and everything looks wonderful! I love your sweet display in the tray! That's one cute little fat bunny! :) The cake stand with the ribbon by your cooktop is pretty too. Now about your scale - I found one just like it last week.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you keep things contained on a tray. So much easier to move out of the way when you're cooking. What a cute carrot teapot too! I love Spring decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lpove your kitchen vignette, specially that cute fat bunny! I too love everything on trays and in fact I have one posted right now. I totally swoon that cake stand with the ribbon going around it, just lovely! Have a lovely week ahead Carol.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol,
    The colors are perfect. The blue is the perfect spring shade, and all the pictures are so sunny and cheerful! Really sets a wonderful tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol! I have a serious crush on turquoise!

      Delete
  7. Your spring decorations are so darling. Hoppy Easter...so cute! I love the tiered basket. I have seen them but my mind goes blank when I try to think of what to put in them. I love all of your trays and caddies. I love them, too, but most that I see are pretty ugly. I may have to buy one and paint it. Everything just looks better grouped on a tray.

    We have a couple we know that just bought a vacation home in Phoenix to be by their son. They have invited us to come anytime. I would love to and it would be so great to meet up with you and some of the other AZ bloggers I know. I have my fingers crossed it will be soon!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so cute and wonderful! That tiered basket display is adorable! I haven't even begun decorating my living room!!!!! Waaaah!!! need to start asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many adorable things! I like the idea of containing a vignette in the kitchen, it sure helps with cleaning while cooking/prepping! Can't wait to see your new project reveal :) Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the island and all the things you have on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy, I cannot wait to see what your are working on too. I love your sweet little Easter vignettes all over the kitchen. I need to work on some of my own soon. Your vignette in the tray is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol, all your Spring touches are so beautiful! Love the tired basket! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Spring vignettes ... cute bunnies ... pretty colors ... and, full of whimsy! So sweet and welcoming! (Your island bunny's siblings are here with me!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of spring cuteness! I need to get busy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, you've certainly got me curios re: your mystery project! Until then I'll try and be patient, and indulge in your pretty Easter touches, so lovely and fresh and festive!

    Have a great week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your Spring vignettes are so cute, Carol! I don't know why I've never thought of assembling a vignette on a tray for the island before. I've always shied away from putting anything on the island because ours, too, is a fully functional working island. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love every vignette in your kitchen, Carol. I really, really like the carrot teapot! Peter Cottontail would love to have tea at your house!

    I have to warn you that I'll probably steal your cake plate idea. Brilliant!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful vignette! Your jar with all of eggs is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty~ I love the cake plate with the ribbon. I'm with you on the whining about the heat. It's only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sweet bunny! He has quite a personality! All of your vignettes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carol, you are just so good at decor....I love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all of your Spring decor Carol! Just so pretty!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I followed a link from Imparting Grace.

    I really like the idea of putting a vignette on a tray. Portable, practical, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good job Carol! Love all the fresh colors in your vignettes! They really do add a burst of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. 80 degrees! Nice! Please send some of that out here! It's been pouring down rain and in the 40s and 50s all weekend. Ugh... Love your kitchen vignettes! The bunny on the tray is adorable.
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I love all of your kitchen vignettes! The one with Mr. Bunny is without a doubt my favorite, him, the tea pot and that cute tray with such lovely colors, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...