3/16/14

Enjoying the Desert Spring!

Hey everyone!  I know that some of you are still experiencing some chilly weather, while others are just starting to see some signs of Spring.  Here in the Arizona desert, Spring is definitely HERE, and we are enjoying every last day of it.  We know what is lurking around the corner, so I thought I'd share some of the backyard beauty we have been relishing.

Yes, I still have a couple of these that are very healthy and enjoying the great outdoors.  Since they are a tropical plant, I may try to find a shadier spot around the patio and plant
 them -- nothing to lose, right?


The Marguerite Daisy is new this year, but the Lobelia is a survivor from last year.

Love having a pot of herbs near the patio for quick access to the kitchen.

These succulents are from last year.

This is the prettiest geranium we've ever had.  We planted it last year as a 6" pot-size, and it is 
about two feet square now.

This Verbena is 2+ years old.  It always looks really bad during the heat of our summer, but then
it "Springs" back to life and is prettier each year.


Dwarf Peach

Lisbon Lemon -- the scent is intoxicating!

Cutie Pie Orange

Meyer Lemon


Kumquat 

Lady Banks Rose

Oh, and we are seeing a lot of these this time of year!  I heard that familiar sound of the burner, grabbed my camera and ran outside.  I wasn't really expecting it to be so close, but such a thrill.  It actually came down even lower, but I was too busy waving to the people to take any more pics!  BTW, I did nothing to enhance this photo -- the sky was just that blue!

Hope you enjoyed seeing what's growing, blooming and flying overhead here in the desert.  Please know you are always welcome here!  Have a great week!


 
I may be partying with some of these fine bloggers this week:

The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

19 comments:

  1. You sure have a lot of flowers that came back this year after the winter. That's great! We're trying to enjoy the mild Spring weather too before the heat sets in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that things are beginning to bloom again! Love your blooms, especially fond of Lady Banks roses...they are so pretty and dainty! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeousness in your part of the country Carol! Thanks for sharing, here, we still have SNOW!!!! Gaaaaad! I can't wait to see the blooms here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell the sweet fragrance of your lemon and orange blossoms! Your poinsettia is amazing. Mine had no hope in he!! In fact I think it was gone shortly after Christmas! Cheers to your wonderful blooms. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost smell the sweet fragrance of your lemon and orange blossoms! Your poinsettia is amazing. Mine had no hope in he!! In fact I think it was gone shortly after Christmas! Cheers to your wonderful blooms. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful garden...it really brightens up your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see flowers...yours are beautiful and I love the balloon so very neat how low it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see flowers...yours are beautiful and I love the balloon so very neat how low it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been beautiful the past couple of weeks. I am not looking forward to what is ahead but thankful for what is today :) Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers look beautiful. I spent this past weekend weeding now that we are in the mid '80 this week. Springtime is so nice to be outdoors ...before the heat comes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dani! I can be okay with anything under 100 degrees, but over that and I get crabby!

      Delete
  11. Everything looks so pretty! I'm so ready to start planting but since it was in the 30's this morning I'm waiting a bit. We plan to plant some herbs too. I've been reading about how mosquitos don't like the smell & it keeps them away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd almost think you were in Albuquerque with those hot-air balloons. :) You have a lot of pretty things blooming now. Your Talavera planter matches my backyard birdbath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carol,

    Your pretty and fragrant garden is a treat for the eyes and I'm sure, a gift for the nose! We also have a few lemon trees in our garden and their flowers, along with their cousin, the orange, are heady, heavenly and equally pretty. Those dainty and delicate Marguerite Daisies look so ADORABLE in that sweet flowery pot!

    Have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You lucky girl . . . to be able to enjoy the sunshine and have such pretty blooms to take care of. Don't envy the hot weather come your way in a couple months though! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have so many pretty flowers blooming already! The picture of the brilliant blue sky and the colorful balloon is so pretty. I bet that really was exciting to see that right above your house. I'm wishing we would warm up here. We had some nice warm temps last week, but unfortunately the cold weather returned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! We are soaking it all up because we know what is just around the corner!

      Delete
  16. It is so lovely to see the pointsettia looking so at home. Our Christmas get to look so sad so quickly. They actually make me feel guilty for buying one. Happy days to you x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carol ... So nice that you have so many blooms this early and they survived the winter, but I guess your winter is not so bad there. We are raking leaves and digging weeds and then hope to do some planting. I mainly do containers of what the deer do not like to eat. They ate plants this winter that they never eat. They were short on food in the pastures. Fun to see the hot air balloons so close. The first time one flew over out house, it really scared me because I did not know what it was. Enjoy your nice Spring weather and pretty flowers.
    Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...