11/16/10

Some Scenes from last year.

I'm happy to be linking to:
Table Top Tuesday
All Things Heart & Home
Tablescape Thursday


Since I haven't started decorating for Christmas '10 yet, I thought I'd share some PB (that would be pre-blog) pics from last year.  It will be interesting to see how my style & ideas will change when I do begin
this magical-mystical transformation this year.

This first pic is my dining room table last year.  It was pretty simple, & I liked this look.  But I'm planning something entirely different for this time around.


I love to decorate my kitchen because I'm in here so much.  I don't usually change what I have displayed above the cabinets, but I do add greenery & red berries.  The garden window usually gets lots of items, layered in with the Christmas cactus.  I love the pops of red & green against the white cabinets.


This is a close-up of what you can see hanging above the island.  These are wood cubes (The Man cut them for me) that I painted & added black & white photos.  I try to make ornaments every year for the grandchildren, but these turned into ornament sets for each family, including The Man & I.  They turned out really cute & everyone loved them.  I left mine hanging here thru Valentine's Day.


This is my snowman collection.  I add something new every year, but have been displaying it on my old singer in the entry area for several years now.  I really do like it here.



Well, that's it for today.  I am really getting this strong urge to go ahead & decorate for Christmas instead of waiting until after Thanksgiving.  It's such an overwhelming force & pull, I'm just not sure I can resist.  So, help me Obi-Wan, you are my only hope!  I just love saying that!  Thanks for stopping by & have a great day.





Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...