12/2/10

Cut! It's "A Wrap" on the Mantle Production!

I'm happy to be linking to:
Tablescape Thursday
Holiday Home Linky Party
Kim's Boring to Better Party
Vignettes of Christmas Cheer
Cheap Chic Home

Hey everyone!  Hope your December is off to a good start & not too chaotic.  I'm still in the throws of decorating, but almost finished.  Wow, it has taken me so much longer to set things up the way I want than in years past.  It must be an age-thing.  Did I just say that?  Anyway, I thought I would show things a little at a time over the next week or so, instead of overwhelming you with way too many pictures per post.

One area that is finished is the mantle & I'm pretty pleased with the result.  This is how it started out.



Then I started adding my layers.  Do you remember the burlap wreath that I made back in the fall & had displayed underneath the old singer in my entry?  Well, it got a bit of a facelift here by adding a berry & greenery swag.  I like how it turned out.



I already had both the green garland & the gold stringy one which I just blended together & then tucked in a string of light.


I made another set of the $Store hurricanes to go with the set I had made earlier.  You'll see them in a bit.



This center piece I've had for several years.  I love the heavy wood base which makes it so versatile.  I've had the stockings & holders for several years.



With all the candles lit, you could easily read in this room without a lamp!  Or work on a jigsaw puzzle.  This area is perfect for that kind of relaxing past time.  It's not in the way!



Here's a closeup of the second $Store hurricane.  Whoever started the ball rolling on these, I thank you.  I just love how they look.



I love that the only new things I bought were the $Store items for the extra hurricanes.  This is a thrifty mantle.  Yea!!!  Hope you enjoyed your visit and please know you are welcome back anytime.  I don't even consider it stalking, Vanessa!
CAS
Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...