12/2/10

Cut! It's "A Wrap" on the Mantle Production!

I'm happy to be linking to:
Tablescape Thursday
Holiday Home Linky Party
Kim's Boring to Better Party
Vignettes of Christmas Cheer
Cheap Chic Home

Hey everyone!  Hope your December is off to a good start & not too chaotic.  I'm still in the throws of decorating, but almost finished.  Wow, it has taken me so much longer to set things up the way I want than in years past.  It must be an age-thing.  Did I just say that?  Anyway, I thought I would show things a little at a time over the next week or so, instead of overwhelming you with way too many pictures per post.

One area that is finished is the mantle & I'm pretty pleased with the result.  This is how it started out.



Then I started adding my layers.  Do you remember the burlap wreath that I made back in the fall & had displayed underneath the old singer in my entry?  Well, it got a bit of a facelift here by adding a berry & greenery swag.  I like how it turned out.



I already had both the green garland & the gold stringy one which I just blended together & then tucked in a string of light.


I made another set of the $Store hurricanes to go with the set I had made earlier.  You'll see them in a bit.



This center piece I've had for several years.  I love the heavy wood base which makes it so versatile.  I've had the stockings & holders for several years.



With all the candles lit, you could easily read in this room without a lamp!  Or work on a jigsaw puzzle.  This area is perfect for that kind of relaxing past time.  It's not in the way!



Here's a closeup of the second $Store hurricane.  Whoever started the ball rolling on these, I thank you.  I just love how they look.



I love that the only new things I bought were the $Store items for the extra hurricanes.  This is a thrifty mantle.  Yea!!!  Hope you enjoyed your visit and please know you are welcome back anytime.  I don't even consider it stalking, Vanessa!
CAS

13 comments:

  1. I love the transformation of your mantel. I can just imagine a billowing fire coming from the fire place. So cozy
    Cheers
    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It's taken me longer than in past years. Luckily, I started a week sooner that normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a happy little twist of Providence, I'm just sitting down with a cup of coffee to take a break from decorating. AND I'm in the middle of my mantel. Yours is lovely, and I'll study it for inspirational details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did some of those hurricanes too! Great idea and I have seen many versions! Like you, I also used the bead garland inside the glass! You did a wonderful job on your mantle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A thrifty mantel? Who said so? It don't have any sign of a cheap things.

    Love your hurricanes and your mantel is really stunning.

    Happy TS...
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mantel with the hurricanes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cas, I agree it is an age thing! I am taking forever to get done. Used to only take a couple of days. I think blogging may be taking a chunk of my time, too. Your mantel looks great and thanks for linking this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cas, that looks so pretty. Love what you did with the wreath, and your hurricanes are decorated beautifully. You're right, it's probably the age thing, but with me, I'm afraid the blog visiting thing steals some of my time from Christmas decorating. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful warm glow! This is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your mantel. It looks wonderful. I love the garland all aglow with the lights and of course the stockings are just perfect. I see that a lot are not hanging their stockings, but I love to see them on the mantel. I don't have a fireplace, but I would definitely hang them if I did.

    Thank you also for your gracious thoughts and comments for my family. I really appreciate it. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had to tell you that your tree with the swags turned out beautifully. What a clever way to do it. I stumbled on your blog last week and immediately added you to my faves list. Been visitng regularly. I feel a kinship here as we are about the same age and stage in life and I love your attitude and outlook on life. Merry Christmas from an admiring reader.

    Mary
    www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So inviting. I like your updated wreath and the beads in the hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!! You have so much wonderful natural light in that room that at dusk...it must be fabulous!!! Hooray for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...