2/17/11

I Found a Cloche!

For those who have followed my blog for awhile, ya'll know I've kind of "whined" about not having any cloches & not ever finding any in the stores around here.  Well, make that not finding any affordable ones! I pretended by using jars that had lids & everyone said that was perfectly fine.  Still, I was 
"cloche-less," that is until today!  I found this little beauty at our Humane Society Thrift Store;  a place I had never gone before.  I know it's for holding & serving cheese, but IT'S A CLOCHE, plain & simple! Would you believe this little gem was only $5?  I snatched this little puppy up so fast, I almost lost my balance.  Truly!


The marble base doesn't have a single scratch, so the previous owner probably never used it for cutting & serving cheeses.  Lucky me!


Okay, what to do with my new treasure?  Well, I needed an excuse to tweak a little bit.  I pulled my cute little rooster lamp & the rooster plate from other places in the kitchen & grouped them with my new cloche.


I'm sure I will be changing this often, but for now, I really like the lemons & limes.  I'm so happy to no longer be "cloche-less."


I love all the reflections from the lamp.  Wow, my counter top looks really good!


I did one other little tweak.  Well, it's truly so minor I doubt it even counts as a tweak, but a tweak we shall call it.  I jumped on the band-wagon during the holidays & made several of these "vase + candle stick = hurricane candle holder" creations & decided it was time to reintroduce a couple of them into my decor.  I just added them on either side of my big wooden dough bowl filled with potpourri.


Added some green gravel in the bottom and tied on some jute string.  I'm using some battery-operated candles that turn on & off with a small remote.  They came in a multi-size pack from Costco during the holidays.  You will never guess who spotted these in the store & insisted we get them.  Yes, The Man!  Did I mention they are operated with a remote?  Aah, now you understand.


That about does it for now.  I'm trying to only make small changes in my home decor since it's pretty much "show-ready" as it is.  I could just see getting into the middle of one of my room re-dos, and that would be when the realtor would call and want to show it.  For those who have asked, we have had several lookers & have had one Open House, so keep good thoughts for us.  We really want to get closer to those grandkids sooner rather than later!  Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you will come again soon.

Oh, I just discovered I was featured on  Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense  for the little goodie bags I made for my kiddoes for Valentine's Day.  They were a big hit, by-the-way!  Thank you, Alison, for the "feature."  Your blog is awesome.
       
I'm happy to be linking to:
Wow Us Wednesday
Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...