2/23/11

A Little Spring is in the Air

I've been trying not to do too much changing of the decor around here; ya know, house on the market -- yada yada yada.  But let's face facts here, I am a typical bloggy-land "tweaker" and have this obsessive need to make frequent changes somewhere around my home.  Oh, and let me tell ya, rearranging The Man's sock drawer or my lingerie does not fill the need!  Sooo..... I went shopping today.  The thing I knew I needed was something "spring-like" for the garden shed doors.

 Found these at Michael's for 40% off.  Score! 


Love the pop of sunshine yellow on the old wood doors.


You know I couldn't stop there.  These are the rest of my finds.  Everything was very reasonably priced.


Found this plate at Ross's for $3.99.  Love, love, love the colors.


Isn't this the cutest?  Got this at Pier 1.


Found the adorable creamer & sugar also at Ross's for $1.99 each.  


Love these little raffia carrots (Pier 1).  The eggs are from Michael's.  They had bags of pastel ones and these brown & tan ones.  I thought these would work for other decorations other than Easter.  I may go get another bag.


Okay, it's official.  I have "tweaked" some Spring around here.  Yep, my old Singer comes through again.  This was the first way I had it arranged.  Looks good, right?


Oh, I found the little nest at Pier 1 also.


I did a swapping of lamps.  This is the one from the dining room.  Also switched the lamp & the ivy topiary.  Now this looks better to me.  What do you think?



Well, you have to use your imagination about how this will look at night.  Way too bright in this room to show this vignette in lamp light.  I could wait till nightfall, but I'm in a hurry.


Love this little pop of yellow.  Found this at Ross's.  It's a flower pot, but makes a perfect
crock for my cooking utensils.


It has this embedded label on it.  I don't care where it's from, I love it & it was cheap!


I do have another couple of simple ideas up my sleeve for a few more touches of Spring, but this was enough for today.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come again soon.
CAS

I'm happily linking to:
Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...