2/20/12

The Dinner Party that Almost Was!

Hey everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend; we sure did.  In my last post I shared about the vegetarian meal I planned for our friend & her daughter.  As is typically the case with anyone battling the "Big C," you have good days, not so good days, & really bad days.  My friend had one of those "really bad days" the day of our little dinner party & had to cancel.  Well, because I already had everything & even had some things prepped, I prepared the meal for The Man & I.  I shared the meal I planned HERE, so now I would like to show you my table.

I always use the breakfast room table whenever we have small gatherings.  It's just much more
intimate & cozy.

This is how I had it arranged when I thought we were having guests.

I used my plum & white toile placemats & napkins with my Fiesta china in Cinnabar, White, Rose & Chocolate.  I just kept it really simple with some little battery-operated tealites, some crystal water goblets, and a lovely arrangement of fresh flowers.

The little white bird salt & pepper shakers are from Pier 1 a couple of years ago.

The flowers are from Trader Joe's.  They have the loveliest flowers.

Love the Gerbera Daisies & these sweet little minies.

I have 8 of these placemats & napkins, plus a tablerunner that is currently on my dining room table.
Got them a year or so ago at Tuesday Morning.  They reverse to a small check which is really fun!

I just love taking pics like this this with the camera just sitting on the table.  I guess I'm weird!

When our plans changed, the table downsized to this.  The Man & I had a lovely dinner for two.

Well, the other day I shared that I was off to hunt for duvet fabric for the master bedroom.  I totally lucked out & found just what I was looking for.

It's a black & cream linen-type fabric, but washable (which I've already done), in a lovely fleur de lis pattern.  I'm so excited to get the duvet & shams made, & then I can show you the room.  It will be awhile, though.  We are having some things done in our yard right now, too.  Never a dull moment around here....lol!

If you have started following me either on GFC or the Linky Followers and I haven't yet responded or followed back, PLEASE let me know so I can do that.  I really try to keep on top of all that, but I just don't want anyone to get left out when I goof up.  Okay?

Thanks so much for stopping by,  please come again soon.
CAS

I'm happily linking to:


Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...