3/31/13

It's a "Two-fer!"

Hey everyone, and Happy Easter to one and all!  I hope that whatever your Easter day plans might be, big or small, that it will be a joyous occasion.  Ours is going to be very small this year with just The Man and I.  Even though it is only going to be the two of us, I decided to do a "pretend" Easter table in the dining room and a small "for real" table-for-two in our breakfast room.  Fair warning, lots of pics!

You have to know I've been wanting to use our newly acquired china, which you can read all about HERE,  and decided an Easter table would be the perfect venue.  So, without further ado.....TA-DA!

A bird's-eye view!




I used my rattan chargers & then a plain white plate as the base for the china.

These napkins are machine-embroidered and were a gift to me when I was serving as
President of a women's organization.  Pretty good match to the china, huh?

Tea tastes especially good in these delicate little cups.

The silver pattern is Victoria Rose.


Sugar and cream, anyone?

I just love these sweet little nesting bunny dolls!

This dropcloth tablecloth that I made seems to work for both formal and semi-fomal table settings.

The tablerunner is a favorite and was purchased at Pier 1 on sale a few years ago.

The sweet teapot is 40+ years old, and I just love the colors and the shape.  The little white bird salt & pepper shakers are from Pier 1 several years ago.  I've never had egg cups (gasp!) & found these at World Market a couple of days ago for 50% off!

Mr. Bunny, in his book-page nest, just hopped over here from the entry table -- always wants to be the "center of attention!"

An evening view!

Now for our breakfast room "table for two!"

I decided to use my Fiesta Ware china in more of the pastel colors and keep this very informal.  I used the matching placemats to the dining room tablerunner on top of another dropcloth tablecloth and added my chalkboard chargers with a "Hoppy Easter & Bunny Trail" message.  I just love mixing and matching the colors -- so fun and very cheerful!  I used blue napkins in some cute little natural fiber bunny napkin rings from World Market (50% off).  I switched out the faux plant in the little brown bunny for a vase of paper cupcake liner flowers that I had made for my "Momma Cave."  If you want to see that room, go HERE and/or HERE.

Okay, I'm taking pity on you by creating this collage instead of doing all these photos individually!  See how sweet I am?  I know, I know, it's the same number of pics but doesn't really seem like it.  Or does it?  In case you are feeling famished, go have a Cadbury Creme Egg!
cremeegg.jpg
Hoppy Easter!

I truly appreciate that you stopped by and hope you will leave me a comment so that I know you were here.  If I've been remiss in visiting your blog, please let me know so I can make amends.  I do try really hard to keep up, but "life happens" and some times I fail miserably.....lol!  Hope you have a wonderful Easter and a great start to a lovely new month tomorrow, but don't be "April Fooled!"


I love to party with these fine bloggers:
The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Dawn at Creative Cain Cabin for Budget Decorating Party
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Table Top Tuesdays
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Jody & Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays 
Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading



Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...