1/26/14

A Grateful Heart

Hey everyone!  Do you ever feel overwhelmed by how lucky you are?  I'm sure you do and so do I; but this morning, such a gripping sense of gratitude entered my heart.  I'm usually not so melancholy, but I am always humbled by my family and my surroundings.




In the very early morning hour, as I walked through our home, I felt so truly thankful that I get to live this life.  I turned on a tiny lamp in my kitchen and started some good coffee in my old & reliable
coffee maker.  I grabbed my favorite throw, flipped on my laptop, and gathered up my 
sweet little fur-baby.


Sweetness and gratitude go hand-in-hand.


We don't have a fancy house, but it's filled with the many reminders of what's important.


I'm married to my best friend, and he takes such good care of me.  He's tender-hearted, loving, and has always been totally supportive of anything I wanted to do or try.


I know my life is so much more blessed than others, and I am so humbled.  My heart aches for those who don't even have a roof over their heads, the many who live in complete poverty, and for those  who live each day in fear and terror for their lives and the lives of their loved ones.


I'm grateful for this home that is filled with love and memories -- nothing very expensive, but many things lovingly touched by warm hands and a loving heart.


Simple little things that put smiles on the faces of my most precious ones.


No fancy clothes, designer handbags or shoes -- just simple things that will last forever.


Yes, today my heart is filled with love and gratitude.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Your kind comments and friendship humble me every day!

I may be partying with some of these fine bloggers this week:

The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...