2/3/14

Another Year Older & Maybe Wiser.....NOT!



Hey everyone!  I know the expression "It's better than the alternative," is absolutely true when it comes to birthdays.  Still, some birthdays are a bit of a bitter pill to take.  I thought "turning" (sounds like sour milk, doesn't it?) 50 was going to be difficult, but it was one of the happiest days of my life -- I became a "Nana-to-be" on that day & was even more excited when I found out it was going to be twins!
This was the face of "50" -- I don't think I stopped beaming for a single second that year!

At "55," I was very involved in my career and had welcomed two more grandchildren.  I was also being recognized for my achievements. 

By "60," I was very ready to retire and just have fun enjoying life and pursuing all those "happy" crafts & sewing projects that had been on hold for so long.  I was also having a great time with the newest & 5th grandchild.

My "62nd" year brought lots of changes, including selling, buying & establishing a new home in a new city (much closer to our children & grandchildren) & welcoming grandchild #6!  By this time, I was wifey to a full-time, retired spouse, and also totally addicted to blogging.....lol!

Didn't mind "63" -- spending lots of fun-time with The Man and doing lots of exploring of our new area.  Also going for a new hairdo!

Hmmm......."64."  This was the year I started using the "soft focus" feature on my selfies!

Ahhh......"65!"  It's official!  I'm now carrying a Medicare card, my driver's license has to be renewed every 5 years, new hairdo that I love, and definitely using "soft focus" and all the other "touch-up" features of photo editing!

Okay, okay, I'm not complaining!  Celebrating another birthday is much better than the alternative.  What really strikes me as strange is how my children could be in their 40's now!  Wow, they are old!

Today, I am eating dessert FIRST!

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...