2/16/14

I Got One!


Hey everyone!  Do you remember back in December when I was asking for opinions regarding Dutch ovens?  Well, I spent quite a lot of time looking, reading and querying lots of folks and finally decided on one.  So, YAY, I am now the happy owner of this beauty.......

I chose this beautiful red and a 5.5 qt. size -- plenty big enough for our needs & not so heavy that 
I cannot lift it into the wall oven.  That is a major plus!

Lodge is the original cast iron maker right here in the USA.  I queried a friend who actually belongs to a "Dutch Oven Cooking Club," and the Lodge is the one that he uses and the one used by most of the group members (large group).

Beautifully smooth inside and there has been absolutely no sticking.

I am very happy with my choice.  It is a perfect "work horse" addition to my kitchen!  An added plus is that The Man didn't have to take out a "2nd" on our home to buy this!

Now for just a bit of randomness.

Have y'all heard about these or use them?  Cannot remember where I first heard about these, but I was immediately on a mission to find them.

I have double wall-ovens, the top is self-cleaning, but the lower one is not.  Guess which one almost never gets used?  It is enough work and very stinky to get the self-cleaning oven thoroughly cleaned; so I have avoided using the lower oven except for keeping something warm -- big waste!

With these liners, I can use both ovens and only have to pull out the liners and wipe them clean if there is spillage.

These liners cover the entire bottom of the oven, & they sit under the lower coil.

I really hate running the self-clean cycle.  It takes a long time, heats up the house, and is just
so doggone stinky!

  The Man found these on Amazon (just do a search for oven liners if you are interested), but they also have them at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I'm a happy little "Suzy Homemaker" now!
I may be partying with some of these fine bloggers this week:

The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

6 comments:

  1. Well, well, well...you're all hooked up now! The Dutch oven is beautiful. I like Lodge products. I have cast-iron pieces made by them and they have been excellent, namely the basic skillet, which we use in the oven, on the grill, over a fire, anywhere. The oven liners sound wonderful, I will really need to look into getting that myself. I hate cleaning the oven myself but the self-cleaning process is no picnic either! Thanks for sharing and enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! Let us know some recipes you try on your new Dutch oven dear and I need that oven liner too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious to hear about what you'll be cooking in your Dutch oven.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Dutch oven! I would get one but I have an old pot of my mothers that cooks like a dream! Looking forward to some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a Lodge Dutch Oven coated like that! How neat. :) The fact that it's made in the USA is wonderful.

    We have the Martha Stewart version. It's nice but things to stick to it some. My son lives in his own apartment....for Christmas we gave him a Lodge griddle. He loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh man I want one of the really big kind. My cousin had one the last time we went camping and she made cobbler in it. It was sooo good. I told my dad about it, and he said get me one for my birthday. The big ones are $70, but at least I could split it with my sister. He loves it!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...