9/20/15

Dining Room Dressed for Fall

Hey everyone!  Are temps a bit lower in your neck-of-the-woods and feeling more like Fall?  If they are, could you send some over this way?  Actually our temperatures have dropped, barely below the century mark, and our crazy "Zonies" consider that a cool down!   

Before I get started with my little tour, I thought I should share a bit of a health update.  Let's just say it's a good thing I finished my Fall decorating a few weeks ago, because I would not be able to do it now.  A couple of days after Chemo #3, I had a rude awakening.......my body let me know, in no uncertain terms, that it's in a battle and I have no control over the situation.  It's the first time since all of this started that I actually realized that I am, indeed, sick.  This is difficult for me, because I don't do "sick" very well.  I do know it's normal, and I'm learning to listen more carefully to my body.  It was just a surprise after having so few side-effects from the first two infusions.  On the bright-side, I have a lot more time to visit blogs & FB now as I lounge around  napping and eating bonbons.....well, no to bonbons, those don't even sound good!  So anyway, that's my bit of a health update.

Now, how about a look-see at our "Fall Dining Room?"

I've been using this large wooden tray with Mr. Roo and the white pitchers for some time now on the white buffet, but decided to use it on the dining room table for the Fall season.

I'm so happy with how it turned out.  I bought a couple of bunches of wheat from our Sprouts Market last year and was glad to see that they survived being packed away.

I used 2 table runners from World Market that I bought last Spring, and I like that they give a more casual feel to the table.

I love decorating around this china that had belonged to my sweet MIL.....it makes me feel close to her whenever I walk past this room.

I even got my "craft-on" a few weeks back and made this leaf garland using drop cloth and burlap scrapbook paper.

Those little squirrels are really enjoying their spot with a view of everything that's going on!

Kept things very simple on top of the china cabinet.

These cone trees used to reside on top of the kitchen cabinets during the Fall season, but I'm not allowed to use the big, tall ladder any more.....that's okay, I like them better here!

I was really surprised that I had enough of the mini-pumpkins to fill the dough bowl!

And I'm not a bit sorry I painted that dough bowl....turquoise makes me happy!


I was a bit tired of seeing all of our glass and barware inside this buffet, so I found some scrapbook paper with script writing on it and covered the clear glass panels on the inside.  I'm really liking this!

Okay, one more peak because I love it so much!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  
I often party with these lovely bloggers:

Monday
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays

Tuesday
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday

Wednesday
Suzy at Worthing Court for The Scoop
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday

Thursday
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Friday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...