5/18/18

Choosing to Change


Hey, everyone!  Wow, it's been almost a month since I blogged and that was a post about my back pain issues....ugh, who wants to hear about that?  Well, some of you have asked, so I'll just quickly bring you up-to-date.   I had my 3rd epidural this past week, have been doing physical therapy for 6 weeks, and I'm feeling much, much better!  I may need one more injection, but enough about all that.

For those of you who have known me for awhile, you know I was a "redhead" (from a bottle) for more years than I can remember and every shade from dark auburn to strawberry blonde.  Well, a couple of years ago, cancer and chemo took care of that very quickly;  but I was prepared for losing my hair and kind of excited to see what my "virgin" hair might be when it grew back.  As many of you know, either firsthand or otherwise, that new hair might be curly or all white and is as soft as a newborn baby's hair.  My hair came in very, very dark ash-brown, curly (that was short-lived), very little gray and super fine.  I truly did not recognize myself in the mirror and really did not like what I saw.  When my hairdresser decided my hair was strong enough, she finally caved to my whining and agreed to highlights....at least that would give my hair some body.  I lived and worked with this "weird" hair for a long time, but even after finally finding a cut I liked, I still did not like my hair.  Then one day, I had a "lightbulb" moment after seeing a woman with lovely red hair....I REALLY MISSED BEING A REDHEAD!  Even though I wasn't born with red hair (my natural hair color was medium brown with red highlights), I do have skin coloring to carry it off...plus, I'm pretty good with makeup.  I discussed it with The Man, and he said, "Whatever makes you happy, makes me happy!"  Now, is that a smart man or what?  Sooo....last week I did it!  Wanna' see the new me?


TA-DA!!!


Old Me
New Me
                                              

I know a lot of women my age are opting out of getting their hair colored and are choosing to embrace their. gray.  More power to you;  and I tried, I really did...now I'm reclaiming and embracing a part of me that had been missing for awhile.  I am so happy I decided to choose "change" for me, and I find myself smiling even more than usual!

I often say that I've had more hairstyles than Barbara Walters....if you are too young to know who she is, just Google her and I'm sure some info will pop up!  Anyway, for fun, I thought I would share some of my hairstyles and hair color from over the years.  I'll stick to just the last decade because they are on my computer!  So, have a good laugh!


2008                                                                                     2009                                              

 2010


 2011/2013  


         2014/2015

  2015/2016            
    2016/2017


       2017/2018

 2018





That's all I have for you today, but I'm putting together another post to follow very soon.  Just curious, who is planning to watch the big wedding tomorrow?  I'm going to record it...I think it will be fun to watch!  It's a good day for celebrations, as it's also my daughter's birthday!

I hope life is good for all of you, and thank you so much for stopping by!

Carol

8 comments:

  1. Love your red hair. So glad you went back to what you love and makes you happy. Life is too short for not feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    Good to see you post, this was a cute one too. Glad doing your hair back red made you happy! Since our hair is like a frame for our face it is important that we like our frame...lol and your red frame looks great and
    You look great as a blonde as well, loved those ones from 2008 and 2009.
    I think the hardest part of getting older for me at least....is that my hair likes body and of course, has gotten thinner...ugh....I think a lot of that is hormonal, but it is what it is....and there are times I do have more
    body.....again why I think it is hormonal.......lol
    Enjoy your new/old look........and so glad you are doing well hon.
    Blessings, Nellie
    Come see me sometime....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was suppose to be lacks body...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red, Carol! I don't think I could embrace myself with gray hair either...I like color way too much! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the new look! I have always wanted to try red hair but promised myself I had to lose 50 pounds first...HA! So far, no red! I recorded the wedding and have been watching it...what a wonderful wedding and sermon on love. I don't think those Brits quite knew how to react to the pastor's zeal. I thought he was awesome! Loved the mixing of cultures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carol, I just love the red hair! It not only suits you but you look younger :-)
    Happy to hear your issues with back pain is getting better.
    Take care
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red! Looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...