9/7/11

A Little Fall Here, There & Everywhere!

Hey everyone!  I hope ya'll are having a great week.  I know for a lot of you, school just started, and that signals the beginning of Fall decorating.  Schools around here started in early August & that's about when I started thinking & longing for pumpkins, bright colored leaves, & all the rich, earthy colors that I associate with the season.  Most of you are probably already starting to feel the cooler weather, but while we are still in triple digits, I will not be deterred.  I thought I would share a few photos of my "touches of Fall" that I've added here, there & everywhere!  I'll stick with just a couple of vignettes in our family room for today, since I tend to do "photo-overload"........LOL!


We have one of those built-in entertainment centers that's pretty "builder-basic" right now, but we have plans for making it more our style later on.  I'm only showing the top part today, because the 2 lower areas haven't been set up yet.  This area is about 18" deep.  Yes, it was designed before flat-screens, so it could accommodate a very large, early 2000's, big-screen TV.  The original owner of our home, had it outfitted for surround & all that, so there are lots of outlets & wiring that need to be disguised.


This is what I came up with to hide some of the necessary hookups.  The Man is working on a plan to bring the TV forward, since the space is really too deep for our flat-screen.  For the time being, I see this space as a perfect venue for all kinds of seasonal decor.  Even The Man was impressed that I was able to hide all those ugly cords running down the back wall from the TV to the cable box.


I didn't buy anything new for this vignette.  


I used several battery-operated candles in this display, & it looks really pretty at night.


I purchased the little cloth pumpkin topiaries last year in Target's dollar section.  I love the 
little plaid fabrics.






This is the fireplace side of the built-in.  This is a gas fireplace, & I'm excited to have this since we haven't had a fireplace in about 18 years.


The depth of the mantel-area is only about 6", but I'm just happy to have it.  Nothing new here, either.  the oil painting is one we've had for 30 years & purchased it from the original artist.  I think it has finally found its "happy home" in this spot.  The anniversary clock belonged to my in-laws, & it's one of my treasures.


Ooops, there used to be "3" in this set!  Ceramic tends to break when it hits tile!  I may or may not be finished with the mantel, but I like it for now.

As always, thank you for stopping by.  I have many more pics to share of other Fall vignettes, but this is enough for today.  Besides, The Man & I have our first "babysitting gig" today.  We are taking care of our 3-year old & our 7-month old granddaughters while our son & dil move into their new home.  We are excited & hope the day goes off without a hitch.  Wish us luck!
CAS

I'm happily linking to:






Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...