6/10/13

Coffee! Coffee! I Love My Coffee!

Hey everyone!  I hope y'all are having a great morning.  My morning has to start with a great big mug of coffee.  Do you love your coffee, especially your morning brew, as much as I do?  Well, some of you probably do.  I didn't even start drinking coffee until I was into my twenties -- like a gazillion years ago!  I've given up caffeine a few times, but always come back.  Now I don't have a fancy-shmancy coffee maker, just my Hamilton Beach Thermal coffee maker, but into that 10-year old machine goes a good quality coffee and all the little extras that make it my special "cuppa."  Well, when you have these special accoutrements, you need a place to have them conveniently available  displayed, right?  Hence, "The Coffee Station" was born!  Thanks to blogs and Pinterest, there are more "coffee station" ideas out there than you can shake a stick at -- from super-simple to the "extreme," from very practical to "this is so pretty no one can use it," and everything in between.  So, today I thought I'd share what I've come up with over the last couple of years.

Well, obviously, this was before I ever saw my first "Coffee Station," because this is super-simple!  I have my coffee maker, coffee canister, my Fiesta Cream & Sugar, and a small ramekin for my spoon.


Then The Man added this glass-door cabinet to the left of the sink, which quickly became the perfect display area for some of my Fiesta dishes & cups, and a...... 

New location for my serviceable but plain coffee station.  I did display it all on a pretty placemat!  Well, this spot was okay, but it's right over the dishwasher and was a bit in the way when cleaning up after a meal and loading up the dirty dishes.  Soooo......

I got the brilliant idea to move it just slightly left & onto the built-in kitchen buffet.  This was earlier this year and looked pretty all dressed up in reds and whites for Winter and Valentines.  You see I've added 
a few things -- Torani Syrup & a cute clear-glass canister for my coffee.

When Spring arrived, I revamped the coffee station a bit with white china pieces, a blue placemat, 
and I added another cute clear-glass canister for an extra coffee blend.

I also added this mug "drying" rack from World Market.  I originally liked it on the island, but......

Another change was in order.  Can't believe it, can you?  Well, neither can The Man -- he just
simple shakes his head in wonder as to what might change next!

I had this old silver tray in my decor closet and decided that would be a cool new element
to add to the coffee station.

I kept some of the white pieces, but brought in some reds, too.  I adore the little red Fiesta cream pitcher which holds the cute demitasse spoons that we got in Spain.

I like making my own blends of coffee, but was tired of using two different canisters, so I found this
large jar in my decor closet & added the lid from an apothecary jar, plus a ribbon in reds & turquoise.
My "special brew" is all mixed up and looking pretty, too!

Chocolate and Hazelnut Torani syrup fitted with pumps, stand at the ready!  There was also
room on the tray for my Bon Jour foamer.  I don't know what it is about adding the foam element,
but coffee is just plain coffee without it.  Well, that's my opinion anyway!

I did a bit of other switching and decided to re-locate my mug rack over here right next to the coffee station.  I think it looks so fun and colorful with the under-cabinet lights shining on it.

Ahhhh......my favorite scene first thing in the morning!  I'm sure my coffee station will get tweaked again and again, but I'm lovin' this new look for now, and I already had everything, so it was FREE!    Okay, who wants a cuppa?

Thanks so much for stopping by and listening to me ramble.  I love having company, especially when you let me know you've stopped by, so please leave me a comment.  You are always welcome here!
I love to party with these fine bloggers:
The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
Cindy at Dwellings--The Heart of Your Home for Amaze Me Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Dawn at Creative Cain Cabin for Budget Decorating Party
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Mondays
Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for Inspire Me Tuesday
Leslie at House on the Way for Twirl & Take a Bow
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline for Project Inspired
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Karin at The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Angela at Hickory Trail for Efforts and Assets
Kelly at Live Laugh Rowe for Live Laugh Linky Party
Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Pamela at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Anything Blue Friday
The Tablescaper at The Tablescaper for Oh, The Places I've Been
Jody & Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays 
Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...