7/25/11

So Excited to Show You Our New Home!

Hey everyone!  I wasn't sure if I'd have the opportunity to share photos of our new home while it was still empty, but it worked out.  We were over just for the weekend to do a u-haul run & do a few other  things.  We had twin beds delivered that will be for the guest room, but we used them this weekend so we could stay in our new home.  So are you ready for a tour?  Make yourself comfy, there are a ton of photos!


This is the entrance to the front door.





Welcome, this is what you see from the front door.  Straight ahead is our sitting room on the left and the dining room on the right.  The shuttered windows look out the back to our covered patio.  I love the arches and half walls that separate this space.



This is the view of the entry.  I really like the slanted wall & the decorative area above the coat closet.


Down this hallway to the left, is the laundry room.




Lots of untapped potential here.


The doorway goes to the double garage.  Just look at all this built-in storage.






Further down the hallway and around the corner, we arrive at the master suite.


This door goes out to the covered patio.


Can you see the "grossity" on the left wall?  It was caused by a bed & pillows up against a wall -- no headboard.  Yuk! 


The Man to the rescue!  We decided to just do an accent wall for now.



Through an archway we have the master bath.




This is the largest bath we've ever had!  This is a very deep soaking tub which I could have used this past weekend if I had had the time and ENERGY to clean it.....lol!


Next we have our walk-in closet!  I can't even tell you how excited I am to have this spacious closet....SWOON!



It's HUGE!



Okay, back down the hallway, passed the entry ..........


and down another hallway to the right, which leads to the other bedrooms.



This first room will be my sewing/craft room.  It's just a bit bigger than my previous "studio" & has a closet.  I love that it has a window that faces the front of the house -- I'm a "super snoop" & need to see what's going on in the neighborhood.  Heehee!!!




Next up will be our guest room.  The 3 bedrooms are not very big, but they will work.  The 10' ceilings throughout the home really make it feel so much more spacious than it actually is, & I am loving all the potential decorating possibilities.


Next, we have the Man-Cave.  The Man will be doing his own shelving & getting rid of these!


The door at the end of this hallway, & right next to the Man Cave, leads to the
  single garage.  This will probably be The Man's workshop.  Do you see that window on the right?  That is a wood shutter -- in the garage?  Are you kidding me?  It happens to be the exact same size as the window in the keeping room -- so switcheroo!


Back down the hallway, we arrive at the guest bath.  I've never had double sinks before, & now I have them in both bathrooms.  Yay!!!  I love that both bathrooms have the glass blocks for light.



Here we are in what I know will truly be "the heart of our home," the kitchen & keeping room.  The kitchen is quite basic, but generous in size.  We have purchased a new stainless steel fridge & dishwasher, but will live with the other appliances being white (for awhile, anyway).



I've never had a gas cooktop before, but according to the chefs in our family, I am going to love it!



This is also a great feature, double ovens & the top one is also convection.  Haven't had that before either, but very excited about it for our family get-togethers!  That empty spot now has this.....


.....all shiny stainless steel.  Hurry up, ice maker, we need some iced beverages!



This is the pantry.  It was in bad need of some fresh paint, so once again, The Man took care of it for me!  I am so lucky!


I really like this island, too!  It's 4'x4' with outlets on both sides.



This old & tired white dishwasher just got replaced with........


All shiny stainless & super-quiet!


And here is our cozy keeping room.  I've already got "project plans" for The Man regarding the fireplace/entertainment area, but that won't happen for awhile.
We haven't had a fireplace in a gazillion years & this one is gas, so YAY!!!  This is Arizona, remember, so you only need it for ambience.  And, yep, those little shelves are going away!


There is an arcadia door to the left in the above pic which leads to the covered patio and quite a large, extended area beyond.  It's great that this faces east & is fully shaded by late afternoon.




This is a great area to the side of the house.  I see this as being a perfect spot for the kidlets to play hopscotch & do chalk art.  Hmmm......bowling anyone?


As you can see, this is a vast, blank canvas.  There's even a horseshoe pit over next to the fence.




This could be a great garden spot, but The Man does not like railroad ties.  We have plenty of time to decide what we want to do with this space.




Well, that wraps up the tour.  This isn't a fancy house, or big by any standard, but we are so excited about making it our home.  I loved sharing these photos with all of you, and truly appreciate that you stopped by.  Only 9 more days until I am here permanently!  Please come again soon.  There is lots of decorating to do!
CAS

Happily linking to:
WOW Us Wednesday
 Open House Thursday
Strut Your Stuff Thursday
Inspiration Friday






44 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour. I love your new home, lots of possibilites. I can't wait for the photo's of everything all moved in and decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you...seemed it all happened so fast. Great looking home Cas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cas, your new house looks lovely. Can't wait to see everything you do to turn it into your home, it really is a blank canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new house!!! Can't wait to see it all decorated!
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh congrats Cas!
    Great tour! So much storage area, love that! And I love double sinks, would love to have those!
    We will be in Arizona soon, leaving the 9th of August!
    Looking forward to it!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cas, you have a huge blank canvas here with so much potential. You will have us all ooohing and awing out in blogland. Can't wait to see it all decorated and your touch added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful home, I bet you are so excited! Love your kitchen, such great potencial in there!
    If you get a second stop by I'm having a giveaway and it's something that you could use in any of your new rooms!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. thx for posting the pics...what a great home...Congrats!!!...I can already picture all of the beauty you will add....I LOVE all of the arches....lucky lady!...xoxo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is lovely! I think you will appreciate all of that storage, especially in your garage! *nice* i also think you will love cooking on a gas stove. I prefer gas to electric.

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cass,
    So fun seeing your lovely new home.
    You are gonna have lots of fun decorating her, all those nice built in areas to accessorize. Can't wait to see what all you do...it's gonna be fun for us too!!

    I have cooked on a gas stove, and really it is easier because you can gage the heat better really. It has
    been years now tho, so it would probably be a new adjustment, but wouldn't think it wouldn't be hard at all, much harder going from gas to electric, I remember those early years of marriage when I did that.
    Burned quite a few things to say the least............lol

    Know you will be happy to get settled in again, as you have been in flux now for quite awhile, nothing like waiting to realllyyyy
    make us excited and appreciative!!
    lol

    Take care hon,
    good to see you post...........

    May your new home bring you and your family many hours of pleasure and blessing! Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a great house! I've always wanted my laundry room near my bedroom. Why do builders think putting it by the kitchen is the way to go?? We have a gas stove. Of course I don't cook enough for it to matter but my hubs says it's the only way to cook. I can't wait to see how you decorate!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo, yay fun! Congrats on your new home! Lots of little perks here & there. Can't wait to see the decorating process & results in the future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new home looks just fantastic! I know you will have your stamp on it in no time and you must have so many ideas swirling around in your head! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cas! Congratulations on your new house! It's gorgeous!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow nothing like a new house to get to set up. Next to a new baby I think it is one of life's highlights. I am drooling over your garage built ins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed your new home tour! It looks like a great space to make your own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful meeting you Cas, I love your blog, I'm also your newest follower and thank you for your great visit and lovely comments!! I love your new house and yeah, all the decorating possibilities you must have in mind, I cannot wait to see it done, can't wait! So exciting! Lots of hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your new home is beautiful. I am anxious to see all your touches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so exciting for you all I can't wait to follow the progress of you new home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home is lovely and I can't wait to see your posts when you start decorating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy for you! I could feel your excitement.
    Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful new home! A blank slate just waiting for your personal touch! We can't wait to see what you do. Congratulations! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh to have a larger newer home. I am happy here i guess.

    I can't see a new home in my future.
    I know you will enjoy making your nest in it

    thanks for stopping by to visit me and my redo

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your beautiful new home. What fun you'll have decorating it. As happy as I am to have my "old" home, sometimes I think I'd like to have a new house to decorate and change things around.
    Looking forward to more photos,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great tour! Thanks. Love the arches and the arched niches, too. And that built-in storage in the garage!?! Goose bumps! It is all really lovely. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A new home is so exciting! The possibilities are endless. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on your new home!!!!!!!! I am DYING to move but I am doubting I can convince hubby. I am so jealous of that built in storage in the garage:):) The kitchen looks wonderfuol to me! Can't wait to see how you make it your home! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats, Cas! Your new home is wonderful and I especially love all the arched doorways. My husband would die over all the garage storage. Thanks for sharing your new home at the Open House party and best of luck with the move.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations!!! I love the floorplan, it looks like it will be such a wonderful home and you will have so much fun decorating it. Great tour and wonderful pictures. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cas it is a wonderful home with good bones. I know you will make it gorgeous and can't wait to see the results!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    Do come and enter my Giveaway from Dr Perricone!! It is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey there ~
    What a great home. It's got good bones as they say :) I can't wait to see what you do with the bulk head area over your closets - i have the same thing in my house and i keep wondering - do i decorate up there??? Anyway - congrats and can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Cas,
    Thank you so much for giving us a home tour. I always enjoying being walked around a house, so much fun! You have a lot of great space and I can't wait to see you put your magic touch on every room. Love the new paint color and appliances, very nice! Lots of fun awaits you! Hang in there, I know it's lots of work! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Cas.....You won my giveaway! Hope you see this because my laptop won't let me email you, email me as quick as you can with your mailing address ok? Here is my email
    somethingniceandpretty(at)hotmail(dot)com

    thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Welcome. So glad you have arrived in one piece. Hope you got everything inside before the storms arrived. Enjoy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on the new home! You will have so much fun decorating this new abode. No, I can't imagine moving in July in Arizona. We were there once in July and it was HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations! Oh, the possibilities. It looks like it will be absolutely charming. I am looking forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations! Such a beautiful home! I love the stone in the entryway, the wall nook in the hallway, and all those beautiful Plantation shutters.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for giving us a tour of your new property. We can all say you are very lucky to be the new owners of this wonderful house. All the money you spent on this is definitely worth it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That was SO fun! I just caught this... Love the house. So lucky to have all of those plantation shutters! Looks like a great size for you guys! Thanks so much for sharing. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats on your new home!! Its wonderful and I know you will have so much fun decorating it!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cas......love your new home! You are going to have so much fun with it and getting it exactly how you like it. Your yard is so spacious and can't wait to see what you do with it. Congrats to you and so glad your sharing this with us.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for sharing your new home with us. Looking forward to seeing you put your colorful flavor into the new white spaces.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, very nice and great bones to the house! You will have soo much fun decorating and giving it your lovely touch to make it a Wonderful Home. Cas you will not be at a loss for posting!!! One more thing, YES you will love gas cook top cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Well, I just feel like I was in your beautiful home. You didn't leave anything out with your photos.
    I wish you peace, love and joy in your new residence.

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...