11/1/12

Bwaaaa......The Spooky Night!

Hey, everyone!  Happy November 1, 2012!  Has this year flown by, or what?  Anyway, hope ya'll had a wonderful and fun-filled Halloween.  We really enjoyed being in a neighborhood full of Trick-O-Treaters for the second year in a row.  We didn't try to keep count, but we went through two Costco bags of mixed candies each with about 150 pcs.  Of course, everyone got two things, and the last few got more than that so we wouldn't have any leftovers.  I'm thinking we had about 125 or so.  I know some folks don't like giving treats to older children, but we don't mind.  We even had a few adults and that was okay, too.  Halloween and Trick-O-Treating is all about having fun!

Most of the folks in our neighborhood just set up shop out in their driveways, rather than running to the door a gazillion times during the evening.  That's exactly what we did, and I thought I'd share some pics of the decor and a little crafty project I did.

First the craft project!
I actually have a number of different things going on in my craft-sewing room, but we shall concentrate on this super-easy one for Halloween.  Do you know what those 5 glass things are?



Yep, they are the globes from some fan light fixtures that we replaced.  I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of them because they had the perfect shape for..........

Ghost lights!  The Man thought I was a bit wacky when I rescued these little globes ( and I have several more) from some fans we replaced last year.  I told him they would make perfect ghost lights to line our driveway.  Then I promptly forgot about them until I saw something similar HERE.  Kristin painted the ghost features, but I just used a dot of hot glue to adhere black paper shapes.  I wanted to be able to change it if the mood strikes me!

Don't they look cute?  I used tealites in mine instead of string lights (didn't have & didn't want to purchase them for this project -- call me cheap) like Kristin did.

Even The Man thought they were really cute.  I got a lot of "Oh, how cute are those!" from several mommas.  The comment that made my day was a little girl who was so excited about "the baby ghosts!"  That just cracked us up.  She had to talk to each one them -- so cute!




Here's our set-up.  The Man is all ready -- iPad in hand!


A glowing welcome!

Happy Halloween!

I hope all of you had a fun evening passing out treats and or enjoying your little ones getting in on the fun.  We had a great time, and the bonus was that neither of us ate one single piece of candy and we were able to give it ALL away!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and please come again soon!
~Carol~


Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...