3/25/11

Just a spiffin' and polishin' today!

Hey everyone.  I don't have much time for bloggin' today 'cause I'm busy getting the house all spiffed & shined for an Open House tomorrow.  But....I needed a break & some iced coffee to get powered up again.

I've made a major discovery!  Ya'll know I've said many, many times that I shouldn't be buying anything because we will just have to move it.  Well, on the surface, that makes total sense, but that logic is really lost on me.  I like to shop & when I see good buys on things I like, how can I resist?  My big discovery is my way of circumventing this logic.  Here it is, are you ready--  "I am buying it for the new house."  Now that is logical thinking, don't you agree?

Anyway, I was out & about on Wednesday, killing some time before my hair appointment.  Ross's & Marshall's are right on the way to my salon, so I popped in.  Ross's was my first stop & I never know what I might find there.

Love this small plate with the shells around the edge.  It actually has a bit of a shabby finish so it isn't pure white.  I likey!   I likey the price of $3.99, too!  I can just see it with a candle in the middle, sitting on the counter in the guest bath of the NEW HOUSE!


Love this, too!  It's going to be perfect holding my dish-soap on the kitchen counter of the NEW HOUSE!  It's so colorful.  Great price of $4.99.


My next stop was Marshall's.  I almost walked past this "gem" because it was sitting on a bottom shelf, but my brain quickly registered what I was looking at & I snagged it.  For all you "cloche lovers" out there, I think this was a super find.  Love everything about it, especially the price of $7.99.  Can you believe that?  I'm not sure exactly where in the NEW HOUSE it will be going, but I know I will find the perfect place or 3 or 4.  LOL!!!


 Yesterday I had to pick up a few groceries at Walmart.  One of my stops is always the candle section.  After Liz at Savvy Seasons mentioned these wax burners, I had to check them out.  I have been using Scentsy products for a few years now & love them, but I really wanted another one for our bedroom that fit better in the budget.  I scored this little lovely.  I do prefer the Scentsy bars as they last a lot longer.


I love that these & the Scentsy ones use a low wattage light bulb that melts the wax.  This way I can turn them on in the morning & leave them on all day without worrying about flames & fire!


I put this one on a square deco plate with some potpourri chips around it.  Love how this looks.  I'm using Citrus Twist wax in this one.  It smells great!


Alrighty then, it's time I got back to my "Cinderella" duties of spiffin & polishin'.  Thanks for stopping by & hope you have a great weekend.
CAS

I'm linking to:









Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...