Hey everyone! I'm so excited & more than a little surprised to tell ya' that I just hit 150 followers! That's a small drop-in-the-bucket for many, many of you; but it's an AMAZING thing to me. When I started this blog in late September '10, I had no illusions that it would be anything more than a simple place for me to write & vent as a kind of self-therapy. I never truly expected anyone would care enough about what I had to say & share that they would want to follow along. My very first post didn't receive any comments, but my second (on the same day) had four wonderful comments -- thank you Amy at All Things Home, Michelle at Southern Somedays, Marty at A Stroll Thru Life, & Traci at The Traci Chronicles for starting this journey on such a wonderfully positive note. My very first follower was my darling DIL, Ally, who doesn't even have a blog, and my 150th follower is Janet at Craig's List Queen. Thank you so much!
It's difficult to express just how much this experience has influenced my life. I know that may sound melodramatic, but I was in a bit of a dark place when I began this blog. But then, all-of-a-sudden, I was enveloped into this positive world of people who felt immediately like good friends. I felt like I had a bunch of "sisters" of all ages who were here to cheer me on and cared about what I might want to share.
I've learned so much about decorating, organizing, thrifting, and I had never before used the term "tweaking" in my whole life.
I've discovered that I'm far from being the only "strange" person who starts decorating for Fall in September.
I've discovered the "fun of the hunt" at thrift stores, & what wonderful treasures there are to be had at GW.
I've discovered the art of "repurposing" & that "old junk" is now the "new chic."
I've discovered that wonderful creations can be made with simple things from the $Store.
I've discovered the best part of receiving catalog's from Pottery Barn, Horchow or Ballards is who, in blogland, is going to do a wonderful tutorial on recreating one of their "expensive" items into something wonderful & CHEAP!
I've discovered that you can't start any project without your camera close at hand, & that it's important to record every step.
I've discovered that it's perfectly "normal" to set a beautiful table just to take a picture of it for a post.
I've discovered the "art of tablescapes," but haven't mastered that yet.
I've discovered it's okay to show your "messy side" as long as you share the steps you take to clean it up.
I've discovered the generosity of many of you who willingly share your time doing tutorials.
I've discovered the fun of Linky Parties & truly appreciate the time that so many of you spend setting up, encouraging, & commenting on everyone who links up. If I started listing my favs, I'd be so afraid of missing someone, but I hope you know who you are & how grateful I am. Without your parties, I wouldn't have made so many friends.
I've discovered friendships can feel pretty darn strong with people I will probably never meet "in person," but that doesn't diminish the bond. You are an amazing, friendly, kind, talented & caring group of ladies, & you make me so thankful that I began this blog.
I'm truly looking forward to sharing more of my life's journey with you and look forward to spending time with all of you. So, once again, I say "thank you" for turning such a simple endeavor into something so special. Ya'll have a great day & please stop by anytime.
Link to Party Here!
- The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
- Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
- Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
- Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
- Cindy at Dwellings of the Heart for Amaze Me Monday
- Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
- Brenda at Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
- Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesdays
- Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
- Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesay
- Jenny at The NY Melrose Family for Whimsy Wednesdays
- Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
- Pamela at From My Front Porch to Your for Treasure Hunt Thursdays
- Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
- Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
- Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
- Katie at Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Things
- Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading
- Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
- Jody and Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays
- Traci at Beneath My Heart for Best DIY Projects
- Emily at 52 Mantels for Your Mantels