8/22/12

Cars Cars Cars -- ARGH!


Hey everyone!  Happy Thursday!  Don't you just hate "car" issues?  We truly can't complain; our little Toyota Camry is a 2009, paid for a long time ago, gets decent gas mileage & has really not caused us much angst.  That is until a few days ago when the driver-side seat belt stopped working.  Now, The Man can fix a lot of things, seriously "A Lot of Things"; but nothing he tried with the seat belt did any good.  So, off to the Toyota garage he went with $ signs blinding him all the way there.  This is where   "good news, bad news" comes into play.  

Good news first.  I wish I had snapped a few pics of this dealership -- the nicest waiting lounge with free water bottles, coffee, snacks, big screen TV, kids' play area, plus a nice cafe for a sandwich, etc.  You can also get a free haircut, mani/pedi, or massage while your car is being serviced.  Yes, all good news!  The best good news, however, was that repairing the seat belt was "no charge!"  Yay!  But......



In giving the car a good once-over (after The Man mentioned a little concern he had), they discovered it needed some work done on the steering column.  Enter "Bad News!"  This meant an over-night stay for our Camry & the need for a "loaner" car.

The Man came home with this cute little Prius.  Nope, we aren't buying a new car at this time.  
The Man has a plan, get it "The Man with a Plan!"  Oh well, The Man plans to buy a new car in 3 years, which is why he's okay with putting money into the repairs and upkeep of our little Camry.
  
"Bad, but necessary, news" later and our dependable Toyota is safely back in our driveway with working seat belts & smooth steering!  It should keep us rolling for another three years, at least!

I just had to share this with ya'll.  See that temperature?  Yes, that's right, it was in the 80's today!  It rained off and on all day, but it was so pleasant every time I walked outside.  I was absolutely giddy!

I know it's short-lived, but I loved it!

We are still working on our kitchen, but not ready to reveal yet.  Be patient with me, & please keep stopping by.  I love your visits & your comments!

CAS 

9 comments:

  1. Ack!
    My husband wad just in an accident and we had to replace the car and I can only say that I WISH the waiting room our toyota dealership was that nice. It is painful to entertain two kids with nothing but a few cars in a showroom and a ratty sofa.

    Glad you care is all fixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,I don't want to have vehicle issues, but if I do, I wanna come to your dealership! Free haircuts? Are you serious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate care troubles. My A/C gave me a fit here back a few weeks ago & I was without the care for a few days. Love the new header. I know, hasn't this temperature been awesome. It rained last night too. It woke me up and there was continuous lightening and never ending roaring thunder. I couldn't see the little hill behind my house for about 15 minutes. Loved it. Everything is so clean and there are diamonds on the trees. Love it. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hate car problems. We're in a similar situation with a great old car but the air conditioning computer thingy is going crazy! We just can't drive around here without air! It's too hot and humid.
    Well, it's nice to know you have a nice little loaner to drive! Enjoy it!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cas, we have had our share of car trouble also, so I know what you mean. I have to tell you we owned a Toyota Camry for 12 years and it was the best car we ever had! I am glad your issue is resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure wish we had a dealership like yours. Free haircuts, manicures, pedicures? I would buy a Toyota just for that. LOL

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping for smooth driving! I was happy last night when the weekly forecast showed alot of 104's . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Car troubles are NO fun! However, at least with Toyotas, you know that you can drive them for a LONG, long time! I hope that the damage isn't too severe ... for now, enjoy the cute Prius and milder temps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping the repairs won't cost TOO much. Your car is so cute...:)

    About the Mackenzie*Childs bathroom...as much as i love black and white checks, this is a little TOO much for me...I'll settle for a creme colored bath and the black and white in smaller doses. :))

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...