8/10/12

Not Boastful, Simply Proud!



Hey everyone & happy Friday!  Just a quick little post today, sharing a Momma's pride.  As I've mentioned before, our son is the Executive Chef of True Food Kitchen.  This is a restaurant (there are 5 now with the 6th to open in October in Denver) that started the movement of "farm to table cooking" & healthier eating.  Their motto is "great-tasting food that just happens to be good for you."  Dr. Andrew Weil is part-owner, & he & Michael (our son) worked together to build the menu that this motto reflects.

About two years ago, Dr. Weil & Michael started working on a cookbook.  Writing a cookbook has been a goal of Michael's ever since he became a chef, & that goal has finally come to fruition.  
True Food will be on the market in October, but Michael got an advanced copy yesterday!


This is the face of one very excited, happy & somewhat shocked young man.


He knew it was going to happen, but having the "physical" book in his hands & seeing his name on the cover, made him feel almost "giddy" with excitement!

This kid (my baby & always will be) knew from a young age, that he wanted to be a chef.  He started working in a restaurant as a busboy (at night) when he was 15.  As soon as he earned enough money, he bought an old, beat-up pickup, fixed it up, & worked an early morning paper route job before school to help with the running of the "old beater!"  He had a few hours after school for homework & friends, then went to his restaurant job.  (Oh, just an FYI for any who may be wondering, he did very well keeping up his grades & school obligations).  His goal was to work in the kitchen & glean as much as possible from the chef, so he kept begging the poor man until he finally said "yes, he would give him a trial run."  He "blew the man out of the water" with his natural talents & creativity & soon became the chef's right-hand man.  That was just the beginning of Michael's career & his passion for cooking only the best quality & best tasting foods.

Michael truly is passionate about "food," but it comes second to his family.  He has a lovely, very supportive wife & 4 adorable children.

To say his Momma & Dad are proud of this young man, would be putting it mildly!  So, I thank you for letting me share our excitement with all of you.  Now I have to get back to work on "projects!"  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

~CAS~

Just in case you live in the Phoenix-Scottsdale area, or California, & want to experience True Food for yourself, here are the locations.  And, no, I am not getting paid for this advertisement!
  • Phoenix, Ariz. (opened Oct. 2008)
    Biltmore Fashion Park
    2502 E Camelback Rd.
    Phoenix, AZ 85016
    602.774.3488
    See a slideshow from the Phoenix location.
  • Scottsdale, Ariz. (opened Nov. 2010)
    Scottsdale Quarter
    15191 N Scottsdale Rd.
    Scottsdale, AZ 85254
    480.265.4500
    See a slideshow from the Scottsdale location.
  • Newport Beach, Calif. (opened Aug. 2010)
    Fashion Island
    451 Newport Center Dr.
    Newport Beach, CA 92660
    949.644.2400
    See a slideshow from the Newport Beach location. 
  • Santa Monica, Calif(opened May 2011)
    395 Santa Monica Place, Suite 172
    Santa Monica, CA 90401
    P: 310.593.8300
    F: 310.593.8301

  • San Diego, CA (just opened in July)
  • Fashion Valley Mall
             Next up:  Denver, CO




16 comments:

  1. That is fantastic. I know he must be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting is that!!! Do you turn the kitchen over to him when he visits? He is working with a man with a huge reputation, and I expect your son will have great success. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed! How lucky you are to have such a talented son, and who knew what he wanted to be from an early age!
    Please ask him if there are any plans for an Atlanta location. we would love it!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, how fantastic is this. Congratulations to him. This is definitely something to shout about. Wow. How fun. Your have every right to be a proud mama too. Congrats to both of you. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great-congrats! That's quite an accomplishment, big smiles:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, congratulations to your son...and you, too. How exciting! I wish I lived in the area. I'd definitely visit one of the restaurants. Tell them to open one in GA. :)
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. That is so cool. I have yet to get out to the "Simple Farm." One day when it cools off. I have always been interested in Dr. Weil's teachings. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. We are in for another hot one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Congratulations to your son! You have every right to be a proud Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fantastic! I know how proud you must be. As a mother who's son is still in the early stages of finding his niche as a chef after graduating from culinary school, I completely understand how happy you are for him. I will definitely be on the lookout for this book as I think my son would enjoy it quite a bit. He has spoken many times about organic foods though I am not sure how committed he is to it. I am sure he would love to visit one of those restaurants and probably has already heard all about them. I am so glad you shared this with us, it will make a wonderful Christmas present for my son! Congratulations to your son!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for your son! That is very exciting. I have never heard of the restaurant. I will have to check it out the next time we are in AZ. We no longer live there, but still have lots of family and friends there. Thank you so much for stopping by posedperfection.blogspot.com for a visit and for leaving me a sweet comment. I really do appreciate it. I am your newest follower and would love for your to stop by again and click on my "Follow Me" button to add Posed Perfection to your GFC. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wonderful news, how exciting! Congrats to your son! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOO, I am so proud for him and all his family, ESPECIALLY Mama. Our Mama hearts just nearly burst wide open with pride for our children.
    Congratulations to M. I am so thrilled that he is realizing his dream.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very exciting news! Congratulations to the Chef and his proud parents! I love cookbooks, so I will keep my eye open for this one. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cas, I don't know how I missed this post. WOW, you have every reason to gloat, brag, show off, etc! How wonderful, and please tell him congrats from mom's fellow blogger. Will this cook book be available all over or just in your area? Sure would love to get my hands on one. Congrats mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should be incredible proud! What a wondrous thing to see your children realize their dreams!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to everyone! how exciting, and love your Fall Header ;)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...