3/22/16

Oh Happy Day!


Hey everyone!  Oh, what a happy day it is!  It's the first day in a very long time, that doesn't revolve around a medical appointment or treatment, and I am happily still in my pjs enjoying and savoring this day.  Hopefully, this will be my last medical-related post for some time to come; but I wanted to share a few pics from yesterday.

Do I look happy or what?


I thought I might dissolve into a puddle of tears, but that did not happen.  
I just could not stop smiling!



This will go on the wall in my craft room, close to my laptop, where I can see it each day.

I rang the ding-dong out of this bell!

What you can't see, because everyone was too busy watching and taking pictures of me, were the people who had gathered to wish me well and celebrate this milestone.....my hubby (who I  praise and will be forever grateful for his constant vigilance by my side), a very sweet friend (from high school) & her hubby who came to cheer me on, my wonderful Radiation Therapists (Kaleb & Justin), my nurse (Susan), & a sweet volunteer (DeDe) -- true cheerleaders throughout my journey!

I have no delusions that I can relax my vigilance, because the cancer I had has a high percentage of rearing its ugly head again.  I'm not planning to dwell on that, but I will continue to do self-exams and will be seen for mammograms, ultra-sounds & doctor exams every 6 months for the next 5 years.  Five years seems to be the magic number, if you make it that far, your chances of getting it again goes down....but I doubt "Cancer" has read the rule book.  We each have to be the master of our bodies.  Doctors have their role, but WE are the ones in charge.  My hope for each and everyone out there, who is over 40, is to please get a baseline mammogram and start doing monthly self-exams.  Be proactive and get well-acquainted with your body.....you are the best first-line of defense.  Also, if anyone of you has a question or just wants to chat, please feel free to email me.  I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I'm very well-versed about my cancer and treatment.  Now enough of that!

Spring is blowing in like a lion here in our part of the AZ desert and wrecking havoc with allergies!  I hope it is beautiful where you are!

23 comments:

  1. I am so so happy for you, Carol. Happy that you were blessed enough to ring that bell. I pray that you mentally ring that bell every day for years to come! Cancer is such an awful thief-stealing not only lives but time on many levels from people.
    God bless you, my friend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, Carol!! I'm so happy for you and pray you remain well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear Carol !! tu te ves muy bonita ,, espero que tengas un lindo dia
    cariƱos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Carol!! ♥

    Bell ringing day is so very special. It means you've endured and won!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Congratulations Carol! I am so happy for you!
    Cheers!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so happy for you, Carol! Congratulations! lots of hugs and kisses your way, a bountiful of cheers and thankful prayers! I am loving that radiant smile on your face:)Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee ~ Yay!! So very happy for you! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, my last treatment was the last week in October. Because of my cancer being in my colon, I still have many days that resemble side effect problems. Usually this is set off by something I eat or consuming to much liquid at one time. While doing chemo this happened right away. Now, many times it's the next day and a little harder for me to pinpoint the culprit. Even though there are struggles, each day is usually better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay strong, my friend! I pray each day will get better and better.

      Warm hugs,
      Carol

      Delete
  9. Congratulations Carol. I am so very happy for you my friend. Although I couldn't be there in person when you rang that bell, know that I was thinking about you! Big bell ringing hugs to you!! xxoo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol,
    I just love your smile, it begins right from the tip of your toes and graces your lovely face.
    I too was "watched," for 5 years and it actually comforted me, I had become so close to the oncology team that I would have missed not seeing them!
    So, very happy for you and you look amazing!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Congratulations! I am so glad it is finally over. Always thinking of you and sending you lots, lots of hugs. Happy Easter! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am absolutely thrilled for you!!! How nice to finally ring that bell!!! You were such a trooper and you had the best hubby by your side the whole time. So very happy for you both today! Wishing many, many blessings on you both. Enjoy your Easter weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Carol
    I am so ecstatic to hear your good news.........you look amazing! That is so neatthat they have a bell for people to ring, that is neat and like marking a new era in life. You have been a real trouper and so has your hubby. So glad you have had so much moral support as that is so important at a time like this.
    I know it must feel great to be home a day and not have to go someplace especially to get treatments.
    Hope you have the best Easter yet my friend,
    Love, Blessings, and eggstra Big Hugs,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh happy, happy, HAPPY day!!!! You look amazing and it has been an honor to follow you on this journey. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Happy Easter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific news Carol - your smile says it all! With your positive attitude I'm hoping your journey will be a positive one.
    Happy Easter and take care
    Hugs
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that is a million dollar smile Carol!!! So happy for you and your family. Hope you have a wonderful Easter! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am beyond happy for you, Carol. I could say so much but just know I have enormous admiration for your strength and the way you handled this life changing disease. Very simply~~~you have my love and prayers that you never have to face this again. And much love and respect to all of the people you've known and have come to know during this journey.

    A blessed Easter to you and your love...

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy for you, Carol! You've been so strong throughout your journey! What a way to celebrate Easter! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...