3/21/16

The Day Has Finally Come!

Well, it is finally here! In less than 2 hours I will be climbing on the radiation table for my 20th and final treatment! I'm optimistically hopeful I can make it through "the bell ringing ceremony" without blubbering, but no promises. Seven months ago, this day seemed so far, far away, and I was very unsure about what life would be like during those 7 months. I don't think I could have done this without the best husband by my side every step of the way. Rick and our children and grandchildren are my true blessings. I cherish the bonds of friendship that have occurred during my journey, and the friendships that have gotten stronger because of it. I thank ALL OF YOU for being part of my life and allowing me to share this journey with you.

I hope to have photos to share in the next couple of days. Thank goodness I won't be the one in charge of camera duty!

Warm hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Carol, I am joyous with you on this beautiful day! The first full day of spring, what better beginning! Congratulations! Now you just count the months to years of being cancer free!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congratulations!!! This is such a milestone. You have handled this with such grace, God Bless. Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol ,, congratulation ,, espero que tenga un bendecido comienzo de semana
    CariƱos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol - congratulations on completing your treatments That's a long haul and you are so close.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, Congratulations and may God heal all your troubles. Such a journey you have been on.
    xoxo Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. Ring that bell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you...this is monumental! I can't see myself doing anything you have done...but you inspire me if it happens.

    Love and hugs!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Carol. I hope you rang that bell and tears or not it was a great sound to your ears! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely a wonderful blessing, Carol. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A day for celebration Carol!! I hope it all goes well and you ring that bell like you mean it!!!! I am there with you... A big celebratory hug to you and your family XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! So so so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...