12/16/11

"WELCOME!"

Hey, everyone!  Can ya'll believe Christmas is almost here?  I would surely love it if time would slow down a wee little bit so I could enjoy the fruits of my labor, but I guess I'll just have to make the time.  I wanted to share my front entry, because The Man put up house lights for the first time in almost 20 years!  The rest of the exterior decor was my doing, but I was so excited when he took the initiative to purchase the lights & the apparatus needed to string them around the eaves.  So let the tour begin!


The Man doesn't like that some of the lights are sticking up, but after a few days of warmer, sunny days, they will relax and hang right.  Could he be more fussy than moi.......lol!



The new lights are LEDs, so they have a bit of a blue cast.  I kind of like it -- it's rather moon-like.  Huh?

I like that I was able to incorporate my little black wicker chair into my Christmas decor.  Santa may want to sit a spell to catch his breath!

The lit wreath is hanging on my craft room window, so I get to enjoy it all the time.

I made the Teddy Bear and quilt a few years ago.  We had some below freezing nights (yes, here in the desert!) and Teddy needed that quilt to keep him warm and toasty!

This is the second tree of the 4' pair I purchased at Big Lots earlier in the season.  The other tree is my Kitchen Tree.  I used silver, white & red balls, sparkly snowflakes & red mesh ribbon to keep it simple.  I used some unprinted newspaper (leftover from our move) to wrap an assortment of boxes, & tied them with some old gift wrap ribbon that I don't like anymore for real presents.

Santa is waiting patiently below for his big night!  I found him last year in July/Aug at GW for just a couple of dollars.
 
On up to the front door, I reused my large Mexican pot (that I used for an Autumn arrangement) again & just changed out the floral to poinsettias, greenery, a cluster of old bells & some mesh ribbon. 

Most of you have already seen my door wreath, but I just love it & wanted to share it again.  I started with a very nice, very large wreath from Costco -- thanks "The Man!"  I added sparkly snowflakes (like on the tree) & the big poufy mesh ribbon.  I bought the sign on sale at HL, & love how it seems to fit perfectly.  I've since added a battery-powered string of lights but forgot to get a pic of that.....lol!

I think it pretty much sums up the look and feeling I was going for -- Welcome to our home!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are all staying healthy and enjoying family and friends.
CAS

I'm merrily linking to the following parties:





13 comments:

  1. Cas, your home looks wonderful with the lights up, and a very comfy place for Santa to rest his feet awhile!

    I too wish time would just slow up a little, it seems we spend so much time preparing for Christmas, and before we know it, its over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decorating! Looks very homey and I do feel welcome so you succeeded. GReat wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cass,
    It all looks beautiful, and warm and inviting. Very pretty
    and what a sweet surprise that yor hubby put lights up, think he must be real excited about the new house too, huh!!

    Well, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
    Merry Christmas
    Blessings Abundant, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet man you have! Tell him what a wonderful job he did, and it all looks beautiful! Your wreath is really pretty, actually, everything is really pretty. I know this will be an extra special Christmas for you in your new home so close to your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home just sparkles! I love your wreath! It's so full! You did a great job "fluffing" it! Your lights are lovely! Your sweetie did a great job! It looks like it's going to be a special Christmas to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your decorations,especially the chair with the quilt and teddy. I know you will have a wonderful Christmas in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Santa will love your black wicker chair! I love that mesh ribbon, would you believe I've never seen mesh ribbon yet? Just been working alot lately and yes, I sure wish time would slow down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You home looks amazing so special. So nice to meet you just found your lovely blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back if you like. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fabulous, CAS! What a treat to have your husband put up the house lights! I love all you decorations. The great thing about living in a hot climate is that the snow doesn't cover your treasures. My outdoor stuff is usually hidden by snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe it's almost Christmas! All your decor looks great! I really like the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful Christmas entry! It looks so welcoming and festive! Your wreath is beautiful ... love the trees ... and, the chairs dressed up with red is sooo pretty! Santa will definitely be coming to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely, welcoming entry! I especially love that you have two wreaths. The blanket and bear in the wicker chair are a great added touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas Cas! Your home looks all decked out and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...