12/5/11

I'm a "JOYFUL" Copycat!

Hey, everyone!  I'm so excited to be able to participate in this wonderful party, hosted by the incomparable duo of Vanessa & Heather from At the Picket Fence!

This great party will be going on for "6" days -- woohoo -- with a wonderful slate of very talented co-hosts each day!  Today, one of my favorite "Crazy" ladies, Debbie at Debbie's Blogging & Blabbing is doing her "Copycat" thang!  Debbie is such a sweetheart, & I give her much credit & my heart-felt gratitude for guidance & encouragement through my first year of blogging.  This is my first time to participate in one of her "Copycat Parties," so I'm very psyched!

I really wanted something different for displaying my Christmas cards this year & discovered this idea on marthastewart.com, but it was featured in her magazine 

 

Martha's version started with a 14" embroidery hoop, but I could only find 12" & that worked fine for me.


I already had the small clothespins.

I got to work gluing the clothespins to the hoop, alternating the direction of the clothespins.


Since my walls are a light color, I decided to paint the card holder black.  I also painted the Command Hook to match.  Added ribbon & a bow, and found the perfect spot to display the holder just outside the entrance to the kitchen.  Here I will get to see it and enjoy it all the time!  It looks a little naked right now, so let the holiday well-wishes start rolling in!


Now this next copycat project is not from a magazine, but I wanted to share it anyway. 
I wanted to make my own version of this wonderful "JOY."  I discovered this on Pinterest & tracked down the original creator.  You can find it at Craft Goodies.  Lots of fun stuff to see!

 

I actually found the bell, first, at The Dollar Tree!  I was going to spray-paint it black, but decided 
to leave it red.





I bought the paper-maiche letters at HL for $1.25 ea. with their 50% off special.  Do you ever buy anything at HL that isn't on sale? I don't! 



Because they are light-weight, The Man cut a wood base for me so I can glue on the letters & bell.


My next step was to choose my paper.  Then I painted the base & the letters & used mod-podge to adhere the paper.



Hot-glued everything together, and.........wa-la!  I'm so happy with how it turned out!


This may be its permanent home, but maybe not.  I'm a "tweaker" ya know!

Tomorrow, this fun "Blogger Block Party" is all about "Mantles" or "Mantels;" so until then, thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope ya'll are havin' a "HO! HO! HO!" happy day!

CAS 

I'm happily linking to:
Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...