8/29/11

I Went Shopping!

Hey everyone!  Hope ya'll are having a great weekend.  I went exploring and shopping today & scored some great finds!  Thanks to Liz at  Savvy Seasons for the heads-up about some interesting things at Big Lots -- I went, I saw, I bought....lol!  It just happens that the Big Lots I found was in the same shopping center as Kirkland's and Marshall's -- who knew life could be so sweet!  Anyway, I thought I would share my purchases.

Did I have fun or what?


I purchased 2 bags of these adorable acorns at Kirkland's.  They are super-light weight, beautifully metallic in several Fall shades & different sizes.  They were $7.99 a bag which I thought was a very good price for the quality.


The Chinese Lanterns are from Big Lots for $7.  I know exactly what I'm doing with these!


This is a lovely wrought iron bowl that I found at Marshall's for $7.99 -- can you believe that!!!


This wrought iron pumpkin filled with the floral embellishments is also from Marshall's -- $7.99.  
That cute little red rooster is from Kirkland's for $5.99


I will be using this 6' garland (Big Lots - $8) on an outside project.


Have ya'll seen these?  Of course you have.  I'm the only one who's been living in a cave!  They are illuminated branches from Kirkland's.  They were $16.99, which was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I decided on this very simple style so I can use it all year in a variety of different ways.  Yep, that's my story, & I'm stickin' to it!


Love the iron fleur de lis knick knack & candle holder.  Thanks, Liz, I found these at Big Lots.  They were $5 & $6 respectively.



Another cutie from Big Lots -- little candle with a ceramic topper for $5.  I also bought a package of 2 candle chubs for $5 in the Ginger Pumpkin -- smells so good!


Bought this cute little hook for hanging a kitchen towel -- Kirkland's $2.99!


These are nice, heavy candle holders from Big Lots for $5 & $6.


Big Lots also had quite a few tassels.  This set of 2 was $2.50 -- SCORE! 


Okay, a pant hanger, right?  When I saw this at Marshall's, a light bulb went off, & I saw a great way to store and display my scarves.  I've already implemented this & it's working great!


Of course I had to get some things for the "Grands!"  We have a large concrete area on the side of our home that will be perfect for chalk art, hopscotch, whatever they want to do.  This Jumbling Tower game looked like it would be fun for the older children.  The game was $6 & the chalk was $2.


As always, thank you so much for stopping by.  I'm still busy unpacking and arranging and having a great time.  Hopefully, I'll have more spaces to share with ya'll real soon.  Thanks to all who've left such sweet comments and for all your positive support.  I'm really trying to visit blogs as often as I can, but I'm falling short, so please be patient if you haven't heard from me in awhile.  Sometimes I "stalk," because I just have to see what everyone's doing, but just don't have time to comment -- sorry.  Anyway,  the "Welcome Mat" is always out, & I love company!
CAS


10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun day! Love the cute acorns:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you had a great day! Love it all, especially the fall decor. I'm thinking mine is coming out this week-end. I know, a bit early, but I think I will do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! It has been a long since I have been to Big Lots-but I see a trip in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all! You purchased some great items. I especially love those Fleur de Lis candle holders, so pretty. I'm going to have to hit Marshall's this week, your bowl is really cute. I can't wait to see what you do with everything. Happy decorating! =) XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fall decor scores. Can't wait to see how you decorate with them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your finds! Can't wait to see what you do with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cas! I'm glad to hear from you again :) Great finds, perfect for the fall season I can't wait for the pictures on how you will be using them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cas! I love everything you bought, especially the rooster and that coffee/tea holder that would look cute with kitchen towel hung on it!
    We have a new grandson, born Sunday, I posted about him if you have a few seconds to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone is about to get their home all decked-out for autumn! *nice*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aah..what a perfect day. I'm so going to my local Big Lots store. I must have one of those cute little candles. And the goodies from Kirklands-I feel a shopping trip with the daughter coming on.
    I'll look forward to seeing all your goodies on display for autumn.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...