8/25/11

My Kitchen Reveal

Hey everyone!  Well, are you ready for a "boat-load" of photos?  Part of the reason I ended up with so many pics is because I did most of the decorating & arranging last week, but then this week I caught the "Fall Decorating Bug."  Believe me, I tried aspirin & considered chicken soup, but it's just too doggone hot here for soup.  The ONLY remedy that seemed to work was to, well, DECORATE with a few Fall embellishments.  Truly made me feel so much better!

This is the view from our  casual eating area.  I'm using the portable island from our last house to extend the built-in island & also give a smooth surface (it's butcher block) for cookie, pie or bread making since all the other countertops are tile.  Haven't decided if we are going to change it all to granite or maybe just the island & make it bigger.  Plenty of time to decide. 


The ceilings throughout the home are 10', so I have lots of space for adding chotskies.  I am not too keen on heights, so climbing up and down on the 8' ladder was not pretty -- trust me, not pretty at all! 


Nothing new was purchased for this vignette.  I had everything at the last house.


I just love this tray that we bought in San Francisco several years ago, & now it finally has a lovely spot to show off all the beautiful colors.  Don't know why the wall looks green.


Love the colors in this large plate.  The floral bush is from Hobby Lobby & Mr. Roo is from Ross.  He was about $7 and is all metal.

He looks like he's crowing his heart out, doesn't he?  He's actually very quiet.  The metal teapot on the end needs to be lifted just a tad.  I bought it at Kirklands several years ago.  It's filled with faux lemons & limes.


Now over to the other side of the room.  I'm showing you all the "high" places first, & then I'll show you the rest.


I really purged my cookbooks before we moved, but still had quite a few & wasn't sure how or where I was going to display them.  Then I thought of this old metal basket that I've had for years & just recently sprayed painted it turquoise -- voila, perfect!  A few others are on the counter.


This Roy Rogers & Dale Evans thermos belonged to The Man when he was about 5 years old.  The lunchbox didn't survive.  He also had the Captain Midnight cups from about the same time.  They were ordered from Ovaltine.  The vintage jar holds all my cookie cutters.  I think it makes a really sweet & nostalgic vignette.


Nothing new here, either.  This is San Francisco pottery that I've had for over thirty years.  I just love the colors & really like having them displayed together.


I had these two pottery urns displayed on my china hutch in the previous house along with the faux fig greenery.  There is one newbie up there, but he's very hard to see. 


That's better.   He is a stainless steel rooster.  Ross, once again!


This Tuscan print was in our bedroom in the last house.  I just love it here over my pantry.



Oh, much better with a touch of Fall!


I'm gonna have fun with wreaths on my pantry door!


This is a good view of the room from a slightly different angle.


Bought this little display piece at Kirkland's last week.


I have quite a bit of counter space in this kitchen, so it's nice to have the things I use the most right out on the counter for easy access.


This was another purchase from Kirkland's.  The Man is crazy about Spain & it says Espana in this print.


I've never had enough counter space to be able to have my KitchenAid or Cuisinart out like this.  It's a very easy kitchen to work in.


Love my coffee center!


Isn't this nightlight just the cutest?


This seems to be the best spot for making toast or putting sandwiches together.


I bought this little cutie at Ross several months ago & was saving it for the new house.


I also bought these little prints several months ago at Kirklands.  I couldn't wait to get them hung!


Here is the rest of the vignette that was my "tease" in my last post.  I just love how all these colors work together.  



Another Ross purchase from last year.


The Man just recently bought this adorable little chef for me at Kirklands.  I decided he really needed to be surrounded with Fall loveliness.  I have a Spice Cake candle tart burning in his little bowl -- smells incredible!!!


The little white buffet is now the perfect home to all my Fiesta Ware dishes, & I love it in front of this big window.


This is going to be a favorite spot for seasonal decor.


I already had everything.


This is a good view looking toward the family room.


We have to get a casual dining table that will seat at least 6 people, but we haven't found what we want yet.  So for now, the bar-height table from our previous sunroom is filling in.


This short wall is just before you go into our dining room.  It seemed like the perfect spot for the big star & my new little plaque.



Yep, that's what I'm all about!


Well, that's a "wrap" for the kitchen.  Sure hope I didn't lose anyone to total boredom!  I'm just so excited about our new home, and I love that I can share it with all of you.  You guys are truly the best.  So thanks for coming by and please come again soon.

I'll be linking to:




22 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks so cozy! Good to see you were able to put things in order and enjoy that space already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is so warm and inviting. Love your steel Roo - have not seen one like that. You have been a busy lady getting so much down. Now go to the coffee station, grab a cup and enjoy your beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cass! I love the rooster soap dispencer, I'll have to be on the lookout for one of those! I've just recently started collecting the roosters and chickens and I also love the stainless steel one you found never seen one like that before! You sure have great collections of them!
    Glad you are having such a great time decorating you new home, it has to be so much fun!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is looking real pretty at your house. Love all the Roos and especially the metal one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Loving what you have done with everything. You have got to be having the best time, decorating a new house, and seeing those grand-babies whenever you choose! Loving all of the rooster's your using in the kitchen, and I really love the touch of fall that your adding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful!
    I love all your vignettes and cheery decor!
    I still want summer but it's been gorgeous weather here and I know hot it is in Phoenix.
    Congrats on the new home too!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you with all those wonderful roos. Wish we were closer we could swap a few out LOL. Looks so warm and cozy. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so nice. And it's very fun to see how your turning your house into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great!! I love being able to decorate on the top of my kitchen cabinets. I use old VCR tapes when things need a little height. I can't wait to see the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen looks really nice.
    It is still in the high 90's here so fall isn't on my mind as yet.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't bored at all visiting your kitchen. You have done a great job decorating it to make a cozy place to work. The colors are beautiful and warm. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have everything looking so wonderfully warm, cozy, homey and inviting. Great job! I'm sure you're loving being near your grands.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh you have been busy! Things are looking good. Thanks for linking up to Open House Party...I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new kitchen! You've already made it "home" ... the colors are beautiful and the splashes of Fall are wonderful! I love all of your pottery ... your coffee station ... and, your roos! I have those same roo prints from Kirklands, too, that I just hung. Fun ... looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new kitchen! You've already made it "home" ... the colors are beautiful and the splashes of Fall are wonderful! I love all of your pottery ... your coffee station ... and, your roos! I have those same roo prints from Kirklands, too, that I just hung. Fun ... looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your new home! Your kitchen is amazing and you have done a wonderful job in making it warm and inviting! Loved the tour!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love all your stuff, and of course the roosters make my heart go pitty pat, you've got some that I've never seen before and I thought I had seen them all. Loved how you put it all together you have a real knack!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You wasted no time making this lovely house an even more lovely home! :-) Your kitchen looks so great...warm and welcoming and full of charm. Thanks so much for sharing it at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your kitchen looks so warm and inviting. Love all your roos and your fall things. It's hard to believe that you've only been there a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks so homey. I can totally picture having a full house of family and friends. Good food. Lots of laughter. And maybe some wine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful kitchen! I especially love all the vintage and nostalgic items on display!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...