8/29/11

My Almost Finished Entry

Hey everyone.  I have a bit more tweaking to do in my entry, but I'm lovin' the Fall decor I've added and wanted to share.  If you've been following my blog for awhile, then you will have seen my old Singer sewing machine many times.  In our last house, we didn't have a real entry, but I used the sewing machine to designate a small area just inside the front door.  Our current home does have an entry and the old Singer  looks quite good in it's new environment.

I still have some work to do here -- art for the wall on the right, some things for the niche, & a nice pendant light.  All in good time.


The old Singer fits perfectly on this diagonal wall.



The only thing new here is the little candle with the ceramic topper -- one of my Big Lot buys.



Love this big ol' bowl filled with an assortment of Fallish goodies!  Sorry, don't like the cord, but don't have a solution yet.


I just love these illuminated stems that I found at Kirkland's.  I already had the floral arrangement in the metal umbrella stand & just added these stems.  It adds such a cozy glow to the entry.


I have a duplicate of this lovely wreath on the outside of the door, too.  Sorry, it was just too hot to go outside to take a picture.

 

One last look at the entry.  I smile every time I walk past this space.


What kind of blogger would I be if I wasn't constantly tweakin' something?  You saw this in my Kitchen Reveal HERE, but it was a bit different.  Really, the only thing I changed was to add the tall candle holders (another of my Big Lot purchases) and move the entire vignette back onto the tile, leaving the butcher block free to use as a work surface.


This vignette also makes me smile.


Thanks again for stopping by.  I just love sharing what I'm doing with all of you.  
Please come again soon.


I'll be happily linking to:
It's So Very Cheri Party Time

22 comments:

  1. It's looking so beautiful and Autumn like! Love Autumn. Love that old sewing machine, too. my parents had one like it in their home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cas! I feel autumn and the holidays in your home. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your fall stuff! Can't wait til next week when Kennedy's back to school to start on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you all ready for fall! It looks so warm and wonderfully inviting. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good morning CAS...It's looking awfully homey in that new house....love, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cas! Wow! Your place looks great! I think I'll start decorating when the kids head back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Cas. That is the perfect spot for the old singer. I am soooo loving the fall decor and those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is beautiful, I especially like the old Singer. Looks like you are ready for Fall:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful vignettes, I love it in the old Singer and the kitchen. I specially love the rooster plaque, like, in the kitchen and the candle with the ceramic topper, it's adorable. I'm into fall too, if you have time come for a piece of Cinnamon bread. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the sewing machine there. I like how you put the arrangement on the pedal. The lamp is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that old Singer table is perfect for your entryway! It looks gorgeous as well as how you decorated the top! what a pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your new house is really coming together. I love the singer in the entry and your beautiful vignette. So pretty and your floral arrangement is stunning. The kitchen looks fabulous also. Such a lovely home and you are decorating it so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is looking so good! Loved seeing the entry and kitchen. Loving the singer machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you've done so well! Everything is so pretty and fall is in the air at your home!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your singer. It looks great there in the foyer. The fall decor looks very pretty. Don't you just love Big Lots. Love the fall decor in the kitchen, especially the rooster plate.
    Thanks for you visit and sweet comments.
    Have a great week. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your foyer is coming along beautifully. The Singer table fits wonderfully in the space!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You certainly have been busy lady! I'm so happy for you to be in your new gorgeous home. I've been browsing around and I just can't believe you only just moved in - it looks like you've been there quite a while. Your kitchen is so warm and cozy with all the Fall decor. I can't wait to put mine out either. And we just got a new Big Lots here in town and I picked up those same tassels! LOL! Great to hear from you and happy decorating!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. CAS, everything looks so nice and welcoming! I know you must be so pleased about getting settled in your new home. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your entry looks warm and welcoming and oh-so-autumny...thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cas, that looks great. The sewing table fits so well. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking your entryway to www.thestuffofsuccess.com. You did a fabulous job! See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks great! That is the perfect spot for the Singer. I'm not even close to being ready to decorate for fall. Even though the temp today is 77!!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...